RAG Fest charity total tops £5,000-mark
- Credit: Archant
A staggering £5,000 was raised for charity as part of Gordano School’s RAG week.
The final total has now been calculated after a raft of activities were held last month.
This year’s RAG Fest, run by the Portishead school’s sixth form students, started with a concert, with music to suit all tastes ranging from rap to rock.
Other fundraisers included themed days, with everything from the Olympics to hippies taking the school by storm.
Games, stalls and other activities helped the pupils towards their huge final total, which eclipsed the £4,000 goal they had set themselves.
You may also want to watch:
The money will be split between Mend The Gap and the Multiple Sclerosis Society and this year’s students have set the bar high for next year’s RAG week.
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 RNLI helm retires after nearly two decades of saving lives at sea
- 3 School offering transport to vaccination appointments
- 4 Storyboat 700+ sets sail in Portishead for 2021
- 5 Clevedon school launches pop up shop to support low income families
- 6 Clevedon strengthen squad with signing of Gloucestershire duo Higgins and Warner
- 7 Hundreds of North Somerset patients receive coronavirus vaccine
- 8 Congresbury Tennis Club bucks Covid trend
- 9 Portishead GP reminds people to wait for coronavirus vaccine call
- 10 Police thank Portishead community after call leads to arrests for vehicle crime