RAG Fest charity total tops £5,000-mark
- Credit: Archant
A staggering £5,000 was raised for charity as part of Gordano School’s RAG week.
The final total has now been calculated after a raft of activities were held last month.
This year’s RAG Fest, run by the Portishead school’s sixth form students, started with a concert, with music to suit all tastes ranging from rap to rock.
Other fundraisers included themed days, with everything from the Olympics to hippies taking the school by storm.
Games, stalls and other activities helped the pupils towards their huge final total, which eclipsed the £4,000 goal they had set themselves.
The money will be split between Mend The Gap and the Multiple Sclerosis Society and this year’s students have set the bar high for next year’s RAG week.
- 1 Yatton RFC make history with first ever under-nine game
- 2 Dramatic pictures show garage fire that spread to caravan
- 3 Shop chain will sell products past 'best before' date for as little as 20p
- 4 Portishead teachers may strike due to long working hours
- 5 Tributes paid to much-loved former councillor Derrick Lovering
- 6 Glastonbury 2022: Who is confirmed and how do I get tickets?
- 7 Covid cases still rising in North Somerset
- 8 New free BMX track proposed for Portishead
- 9 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 10 Work on new Cheddar pump track set to begin