RAG Fest charity total tops £5,000-mark
- Credit: Archant
A staggering £5,000 was raised for charity as part of Gordano School’s RAG week.
The final total has now been calculated after a raft of activities were held last month.
This year’s RAG Fest, run by the Portishead school’s sixth form students, started with a concert, with music to suit all tastes ranging from rap to rock.
Other fundraisers included themed days, with everything from the Olympics to hippies taking the school by storm.
Games, stalls and other activities helped the pupils towards their huge final total, which eclipsed the £4,000 goal they had set themselves.
You may also want to watch:
The money will be split between Mend The Gap and the Multiple Sclerosis Society and this year’s students have set the bar high for next year’s RAG week.
- 1 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 2 Woodspring Women earn first ever win over Burnham United Ladies Reserves
- 3 Plans for 60 homes in village rejected after 800 objections
- 4 Village bar open again and wants people to help keep it running
- 5 North Somerset's garden waste service to resume with collections every four weeks
- 6 PICTURES: Pub relaunches following major transformation
- 7 Pupils beat parents in school fun run
- 8 Nailsea & Backwell RFC thrash Stothert & Pitt to make it four wins from four
- 9 Town to celebrate art and crafts with inaugural festival
- 10 Gordano RFC edge out Clevedon RFC to maintain perfect start to season