RAG Fest charity total tops £5,000-mark
- Credit: Archant
A staggering £5,000 was raised for charity as part of Gordano School’s RAG week.
The final total has now been calculated after a raft of activities were held last month.
This year’s RAG Fest, run by the Portishead school’s sixth form students, started with a concert, with music to suit all tastes ranging from rap to rock.
Other fundraisers included themed days, with everything from the Olympics to hippies taking the school by storm.
Games, stalls and other activities helped the pupils towards their huge final total, which eclipsed the £4,000 goal they had set themselves.
You may also want to watch:
The money will be split between Mend The Gap and the Multiple Sclerosis Society and this year’s students have set the bar high for next year’s RAG week.
- 1 Plans for housing on Backwell fields take step forward
- 2 Clevedon man to cycle 'own Tour De France' for breast cancer charity
- 3 Urgent call for Covid vaccine volunteers in North Somerset
- 4 Popular community centre café closes
- 5 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 6 Events taking place across North Somerset
- 7 Circus Zyair is coming to Weston-super-Mare
- 8 Hundreds take part in sponsored walk to raise money for charities
- 9 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 10 Clevedon School orders year groups to self-isolate after Covid outbreak