Pupils try out new adventure playground
- Credit: Archant
Children from Nailsea were delighted to return to school after the holidays to enjoy their new play area.
Parents, staff and pupils have been raising money for three years to provide new equipment for the playground at St Francis Primary School.
The Friends of St Francis School have put on a number of events to raise the cash and parents and pupils also held a working day last month to prepare the play area.
A school spokesman said: “There was much excitement at St Francis’ this week as children returned from the school holidays to the site of a newly completed play area for junior children.
“The equipment has been funded by three years of hard work from the Friends of St Francis School, which has been saving hard in order to pay for a new adventure circuit for the older children in the school.”
You may also want to watch:
The year three class tried out the equipment first.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 3 How to order free Covid home tests
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week
- 6 Health shop stocks fruit and vegetables free from plastic packaging
- 7 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 8 What we know about Prince Philip's funeral at Windsor
- 9 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 10 Parents praise nurseries and childminders for support during pandemic