Pupils show Eastern promise
PUPILS at a Nailsea primary school put on a dazzling final production to parents before they left to start secondary school in September.
Every member of year six at Golden Valley Primary School took part in the musical Scheherazade, based on the Tales of the Arabian Nights.
Headteacher Kevin Lynch said: “The children impressed their audiences with the quality of singing, dancing and acting, especially as they literally had only two weeks to learn their words and rehearse the show.
“One parent said they looked as if they enjoyed every moment, especially when they burst into spontaneous song at the end.
“They put their hearts and souls into their performances and I’m very proud of everyone involved in producing such a top-class show.”
You may also want to watch:
Donations made at the end of the performances were put towards a bowling trip to mark the end of their seven years at the school.
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 3 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 4 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 5 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
- 6 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 7 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 8 Clevedon resident raises more than £9k for MS research
- 9 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 10 PICTURES: Hot air balloons take flight over Bristol at Fiesta Fortnight launch