Pupils show Eastern promise
PUPILS at a Nailsea primary school put on a dazzling final production to parents before they left to start secondary school in September.
Every member of year six at Golden Valley Primary School took part in the musical Scheherazade, based on the Tales of the Arabian Nights.
Headteacher Kevin Lynch said: “The children impressed their audiences with the quality of singing, dancing and acting, especially as they literally had only two weeks to learn their words and rehearse the show.
“One parent said they looked as if they enjoyed every moment, especially when they burst into spontaneous song at the end.
“They put their hearts and souls into their performances and I’m very proud of everyone involved in producing such a top-class show.”
You may also want to watch:
Donations made at the end of the performances were put towards a bowling trip to mark the end of their seven years at the school.
- 1 Man charged with possession of offensive weapon in village
- 2 Bristol Balloon Fiesta: Organisers planning 2021 event
- 3 Man with long Covid urges others to take virus seriously
- 4 May 17: Which pubs are reopening in North Somerset?
- 5 Lions fund noticeboard for Backwell viewpoint
- 6 May 17: Bristol Airport 'disappointed' with green list
- 7 Clevedon AC members enjoy Glastonbury 10k outing
- 8 Mixed fortunes for Clevedon LTC teams on league return
- 9 Call for community to support 'vital' children's hospice
- 10 LOCAL BY-ELECTION: Portishead East district and town councillors elected