Pupils received hundreds of pounds worth of new books after a sponsored read
- Credit: Archant
Book fans at a Clevedon primary school raised more than £1,100 with a sponsored read.
Pupils from Mary Elton Primary School hoped to raise £600 to spend on books, but they almost doubled their target due to generous donations from families and friends.
Thanks to a further donation of £700 from Usborne, the school has been given a huge selection of new books for children to enjoy.
Teacher Rachael Ten Broeke, said: “This is such a fantastic, low maintenance opportunity offered by Usborne books to raise money to buy new books for our school.
“Our aim is to inspire children to read for enjoyment as much as possible and we are certain these new titles from Usborne will do that.”
You may also want to watch:
Usborne is helping schools to organise sponsored reads to raise money for books.
The bookseller will top-up the total, depending on how much money is raised.
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 School offering transport to vaccination appointments
- 3 Huge country house in historic setting, with views and a pool
- 4 RNLI helm retires after nearly two decades of saving lives at sea
- 5 EE switches on super-fast 5G in Portishead
- 6 Police thank Portishead community after call leads to arrests for vehicle crime
- 7 Region's youth offending service praised by inspectors
- 8 Portishead garden protected from development
- 9 Hundreds of North Somerset patients receive coronavirus vaccine
- 10 Portishead GP reminds people to wait for coronavirus vaccine call