Pupils received hundreds of pounds worth of new books after a sponsored read
- Credit: Archant
Book fans at a Clevedon primary school raised more than £1,100 with a sponsored read.
Pupils from Mary Elton Primary School hoped to raise £600 to spend on books, but they almost doubled their target due to generous donations from families and friends.
Thanks to a further donation of £700 from Usborne, the school has been given a huge selection of new books for children to enjoy.
Teacher Rachael Ten Broeke, said: “This is such a fantastic, low maintenance opportunity offered by Usborne books to raise money to buy new books for our school.
“Our aim is to inspire children to read for enjoyment as much as possible and we are certain these new titles from Usborne will do that.”
Usborne is helping schools to organise sponsored reads to raise money for books.
The bookseller will top-up the total, depending on how much money is raised.
- 1 Dramatic pictures show garage fire that spread to caravan
- 2 Shop chain will sell products past 'best before' date for as little as 20p
- 3 Covid cases still rising in North Somerset
- 4 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 5 Portishead teachers may strike due to long working hours
- 6 Work on new Cheddar pump track set to begin
- 7 Tributes paid to much-loved former councillor Derrick Lovering
- 8 Glastonbury 2022: Who is confirmed and how do I get tickets?
- 9 Charity wants local views on renewables in Congresbury and Puxton
- 10 Protest to take place against 'dangerous' policing bill