Pupils received hundreds of pounds worth of new books after a sponsored read
- Credit: Archant
Book fans at a Clevedon primary school raised more than £1,100 with a sponsored read.
Pupils from Mary Elton Primary School hoped to raise £600 to spend on books, but they almost doubled their target due to generous donations from families and friends.
Thanks to a further donation of £700 from Usborne, the school has been given a huge selection of new books for children to enjoy.
Teacher Rachael Ten Broeke, said: “This is such a fantastic, low maintenance opportunity offered by Usborne books to raise money to buy new books for our school.
“Our aim is to inspire children to read for enjoyment as much as possible and we are certain these new titles from Usborne will do that.”
You may also want to watch:
Usborne is helping schools to organise sponsored reads to raise money for books.
The bookseller will top-up the total, depending on how much money is raised.
- 1 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 2 North Somerset restaurants reopening outside next week
- 3 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 4 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 5 Grand National: ones to watch in 'race that stops a nation'
- 6 Plan to cut traffic on rural roads
- 7 North Somerset antisocial behaviour orders come into force
- 8 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 9 Modern three-bedroom eco house with lovely gardens
- 10 FA publish updated grassroots football guidance