Pupils design mosaic for town centre display
- Credit: Archant
A mosaic designed by creative pupils from a Nailsea primary school will go on display in the town centre.
Pupils from year four and five at The Whiteoak Academies of Hannah More Infants and Grove Juniors have been involved in a community project to create a mosaic artwork comprising three panels representing different aspects of Nailsea.
All the children were able to work with mosaic artist David Bowers from Mosaic Madness on one of the panels.
Children enjoyed researching local history and transforming each class’ designs into mosaics.
Nailsea Town Council, Nailsea Community Trust and Waitrose Better Nailsea have supported the project, along with Crown Glass Shopping Centre where the artwork will be displayed.
You may also want to watch:
Nailsea in Bloom will also contribute tubs of flowers to enhance the shopping area.
Fran Newton came up with the idea of the mosaic to brighten up the town.
- 1 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 2 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5
- 3 Man due in court after cars stolen in burglary
- 4 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 5 Carpenter remembers Clevedon's Bristol Combination Vase triumph
- 6 Mental health services to help people cope in lockdown
- 7 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 8 Portishead Town's Trueman cancer diagnosis prompts £50,000 fundraising initiative
- 9 Council reveals cost for new primary school
- 10 School offering transport to vaccination appointments