Pupils design mosaic for town centre display
- Credit: Archant
A mosaic designed by creative pupils from a Nailsea primary school will go on display in the town centre.
Pupils from year four and five at The Whiteoak Academies of Hannah More Infants and Grove Juniors have been involved in a community project to create a mosaic artwork comprising three panels representing different aspects of Nailsea.
All the children were able to work with mosaic artist David Bowers from Mosaic Madness on one of the panels.
Children enjoyed researching local history and transforming each class’ designs into mosaics.
Nailsea Town Council, Nailsea Community Trust and Waitrose Better Nailsea have supported the project, along with Crown Glass Shopping Centre where the artwork will be displayed.
You may also want to watch:
Nailsea in Bloom will also contribute tubs of flowers to enhance the shopping area.
Fran Newton came up with the idea of the mosaic to brighten up the town.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder
- 2 North Somerset restaurants reopening outside next week
- 3 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 4 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 5 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 6 Modern three-bedroom eco house with lovely gardens
- 7 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 8 North Somerset antisocial behaviour orders come into force
- 9 Plan to cut traffic on rural roads
- 10 Best scenic dog walks in North Somerset and Somerset