Pupils design mosaic for town centre display
- Credit: Archant
A mosaic designed by creative pupils from a Nailsea primary school will go on display in the town centre.
Pupils from year four and five at The Whiteoak Academies of Hannah More Infants and Grove Juniors have been involved in a community project to create a mosaic artwork comprising three panels representing different aspects of Nailsea.
All the children were able to work with mosaic artist David Bowers from Mosaic Madness on one of the panels.
Children enjoyed researching local history and transforming each class’ designs into mosaics.
Nailsea Town Council, Nailsea Community Trust and Waitrose Better Nailsea have supported the project, along with Crown Glass Shopping Centre where the artwork will be displayed.
You may also want to watch:
Nailsea in Bloom will also contribute tubs of flowers to enhance the shopping area.
Fran Newton came up with the idea of the mosaic to brighten up the town.
- 1 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 2 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 3 Funding ensures children benefit from healthy food and holiday clubs this summer
- 4 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 5 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 6 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 7 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 8 Sections of historic Portishead railway line to be reused for project
- 9 PICTURES: Inside Clevedon Pier's Glass Box Cafe
- 10 Nailsea pub crowned best in South West