Pupils design mosaic for town centre display
- Credit: Archant
A mosaic designed by creative pupils from a Nailsea primary school will go on display in the town centre.
Pupils from year four and five at The Whiteoak Academies of Hannah More Infants and Grove Juniors have been involved in a community project to create a mosaic artwork comprising three panels representing different aspects of Nailsea.
All the children were able to work with mosaic artist David Bowers from Mosaic Madness on one of the panels.
Children enjoyed researching local history and transforming each class’ designs into mosaics.
Nailsea Town Council, Nailsea Community Trust and Waitrose Better Nailsea have supported the project, along with Crown Glass Shopping Centre where the artwork will be displayed.
You may also want to watch:
Nailsea in Bloom will also contribute tubs of flowers to enhance the shopping area.
Fran Newton came up with the idea of the mosaic to brighten up the town.
- 1 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 2 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 3 North Somerset residents at risk of PCR lab mix up
- 4 Estate agents invites children to create Halloween window displays
- 5 Portishead salon to wear all pink for breast cancer fundraiser
- 6 Mental health safe space unveiled in Nailsea
- 7 Life-saving equipment installed in town
- 8 Road group condemns 'unacceptable traffic misery' in village
- 9 Charity days raise more than £40k for local causes
- 10 Officer's final written warning after sending inappropriate messages