Nailsea pupils enjoy sponsored scoot for two charities
- Credit: Archant
Children from a Nailsea school wheeled their scooters into lessons to take part in a sponsored ride in aid of two charities.
Pupils from St Francis Primary School dressed in their pyjamas to take part in the Wheely Wednesday fundraiser.
The excited youngsters sped around the course and chatted to their classmates while they enjoyed making circuits of the school grounds.
The pupils are hoping to raise £1,000 for the Great Western Air Ambulance Charity and The Alzheimer’s Society.
Children dressed in pyjamas to remind them of the poorly people they were taking part in the event for.
You may also want to watch:
Pupils are now busy collecting their sponsorship money for the two causes.
The GWAAC provides emergency care to critical patients across the South West, while the Alzheimer’s Society funds research into dementia and supports sufferers and their families.
- 1 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 2 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 3 Garden waste service disrupted due to 'ongoing crew shortages'
- 4 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 5 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 6 PICTURES: Inside Clevedon Pier's Glass Box Cafe
- 7 Nailsea pub crowned best in South West
- 8 Yatton development welcomes first movers
- 9 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 10 Legal action starts to remove Portishead traveller camp