Nailsea pupils enjoy sponsored scoot for two charities
- Credit: Archant
Children from a Nailsea school wheeled their scooters into lessons to take part in a sponsored ride in aid of two charities.
Pupils from St Francis Primary School dressed in their pyjamas to take part in the Wheely Wednesday fundraiser.
The excited youngsters sped around the course and chatted to their classmates while they enjoyed making circuits of the school grounds.
The pupils are hoping to raise £1,000 for the Great Western Air Ambulance Charity and The Alzheimer’s Society.
Children dressed in pyjamas to remind them of the poorly people they were taking part in the event for.
You may also want to watch:
Pupils are now busy collecting their sponsorship money for the two causes.
The GWAAC provides emergency care to critical patients across the South West, while the Alzheimer’s Society funds research into dementia and supports sufferers and their families.
- 1 How to order free Covid home tests
- 2 Jones "proud" of what he achieved with Ashton & Backwell United
- 3 Special school expansion progress
- 4 Road to Wimbledon chance for North Somerset youngsters
- 5 Health shop stocks fruit and vegetables free from plastic packaging
- 6 Cleeve denied close finish as Clevedon friendly abandoned
- 7 Celebrations after non-essential shops and pubs reopen in North Somerset
- 8 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 9 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 10 Holloway helps Northern Ireland women make history after qualifying for Euro 2022