Nailsea pupils enjoy sponsored scoot for two charities
- Credit: Archant
Children from a Nailsea school wheeled their scooters into lessons to take part in a sponsored ride in aid of two charities.
Pupils from St Francis Primary School dressed in their pyjamas to take part in the Wheely Wednesday fundraiser.
The excited youngsters sped around the course and chatted to their classmates while they enjoyed making circuits of the school grounds.
The pupils are hoping to raise £1,000 for the Great Western Air Ambulance Charity and The Alzheimer’s Society.
Children dressed in pyjamas to remind them of the poorly people they were taking part in the event for.
You may also want to watch:
Pupils are now busy collecting their sponsorship money for the two causes.
The GWAAC provides emergency care to critical patients across the South West, while the Alzheimer’s Society funds research into dementia and supports sufferers and their families.
- 1 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 2 North Somerset residents at risk of PCR lab mix up
- 3 Mental health safe space unveiled in Nailsea
- 4 Camera club wants new members to join
- 5 PICTURES: Nailsea farmers market birthday party
- 6 Charity days raise more than £40k for local causes
- 7 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 8 Stone Roses songs to be recreated in Weston
- 9 'Incredible' Nailsea & Backwell RFC win first ever Bristol Combination Vase
- 10 Bleadon-cold: Council's gritters return with sustainable fuel