Pupils enjoy cool courses
PUPILS were taught new skills during a week of enrichment activities at Backwell School.
A variety of opportunities was offered to students in years seven to nine in this year’s programme of events.
A total of 370 took up the offer to travel to France, Wales, Somerset and Dorset, with 156 students enjoying water sports on France’s Ardeche river.
All year eight students stayed at school to learn new skills during courses such as Cool Cooks, Creative and Media, School of Rock, Fashion Fix, Performing Arts, Mad Science, Model Making, Performing Arts, Sports Leadership and Zoo Challenge.
Enrichment and community coordinator, Marie Davis, said: “The week has proved to be a great success with fantastic feedback from staff, parents and students.
You may also want to watch:
“Staff worked incredibly hard, both on the residential trips and here in school, to make the week a success.”
- 1 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 2 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 3 Garden waste service disrupted due to 'ongoing crew shortages'
- 4 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 5 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 6 PICTURES: Inside Clevedon Pier's Glass Box Cafe
- 7 Yatton development welcomes first movers
- 8 Nailsea pub crowned best in South West
- 9 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 10 Legal action starts to remove Portishead traveller camp