Pupils enjoy cool courses
PUPILS were taught new skills during a week of enrichment activities at Backwell School.
A variety of opportunities was offered to students in years seven to nine in this year’s programme of events.
A total of 370 took up the offer to travel to France, Wales, Somerset and Dorset, with 156 students enjoying water sports on France’s Ardeche river.
All year eight students stayed at school to learn new skills during courses such as Cool Cooks, Creative and Media, School of Rock, Fashion Fix, Performing Arts, Mad Science, Model Making, Performing Arts, Sports Leadership and Zoo Challenge.
Enrichment and community coordinator, Marie Davis, said: “The week has proved to be a great success with fantastic feedback from staff, parents and students.
You may also want to watch:
“Staff worked incredibly hard, both on the residential trips and here in school, to make the week a success.”
- 1 Car show produced in Clevedon proving to be popular among petrolheads
- 2 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 3 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
- 4 Businesses urged to claim coronavirus grants
- 5 Roomy chocolate-box cottage packed with period features
- 6 Where in North Somerset can you celebrate Christmas in church this year?
- 7 Airport appeal to be heard in the summer
- 8 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 9 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 10 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends