Pupils enjoy cool courses
PUPILS were taught new skills during a week of enrichment activities at Backwell School.
A variety of opportunities was offered to students in years seven to nine in this year’s programme of events.
A total of 370 took up the offer to travel to France, Wales, Somerset and Dorset, with 156 students enjoying water sports on France’s Ardeche river.
All year eight students stayed at school to learn new skills during courses such as Cool Cooks, Creative and Media, School of Rock, Fashion Fix, Performing Arts, Mad Science, Model Making, Performing Arts, Sports Leadership and Zoo Challenge.
Enrichment and community coordinator, Marie Davis, said: “The week has proved to be a great success with fantastic feedback from staff, parents and students.
You may also want to watch:
“Staff worked incredibly hard, both on the residential trips and here in school, to make the week a success.”
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week
- 6 What we know about Prince Philip's funeral at Windsor
- 7 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 8 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 9 Celebrations after non-essential shops and pubs reopen in North Somerset
- 10 Health shop stocks fruit and vegetables free from plastic packaging