Pupils’ cultural experience
- Credit: supplied
GORDANO School pupils spent 10 days in Germany as part of their Comenius project, designed to increase their understanding of different cultures across Europe.
The visit to Goeppingen proved quite a challenge for the Portishead students who found themselves starting school at 7.30am every day.
The youngsters were hosted by their German partners, giving them an insight into day-to-day living in Germany, as well as providing the opportunity for them to practice their German speaking and listening skills.
During their stay, the teenagers visited the Daimler factory and the Allianz Arena in Munich.
They also did a great deal of site-seeing in the city and got involved in a number of team building activities.
You may also want to watch:
The Comenius project will continue in 2014 when a new group of Gordano students will be invited to make a different European visit.
- 1 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 2 Officer's final written warning after sending inappropriate messages
- 3 Bristol Combination Vase: Nailsea & Backwell RFC looking to create history says Hill
- 4 WIN: Tickets to Cliff Richard live concert screening
- 5 North Somerset authors publish books
- 6 Nailsea & Backwell RFC v Bristol Imperial RFC LIVE BLOG
- 7 Road group condemns 'unacceptable traffic misery' in village
- 8 Councillor calls for misogyny to be classed as hate crime
- 9 Coffee morning raises hundreds of pounds for two charities
- 10 Appeal after man injured in robbery