Pupils’ cultural experience
- Credit: supplied
GORDANO School pupils spent 10 days in Germany as part of their Comenius project, designed to increase their understanding of different cultures across Europe.
The visit to Goeppingen proved quite a challenge for the Portishead students who found themselves starting school at 7.30am every day.
The youngsters were hosted by their German partners, giving them an insight into day-to-day living in Germany, as well as providing the opportunity for them to practice their German speaking and listening skills.
During their stay, the teenagers visited the Daimler factory and the Allianz Arena in Munich.
They also did a great deal of site-seeing in the city and got involved in a number of team building activities.
You may also want to watch:
The Comenius project will continue in 2014 when a new group of Gordano students will be invited to make a different European visit.
- 1 Stunning and modern four-bedroom home near open countryside
- 2 Chief constable's bid to overturn ruling on PC's racist language dismissed
- 3 Nailsea church awarded grant for repairs and reopening
- 4 Carpenter praises Clevedon following success over Chippenham
- 5 Nailsea teacher publishes book on cycling challenge
- 6 May 17: Entertainment venues across North Somerset reopening
- 7 Portishead Open Air Pool to reopen on Friday
- 8 Man with long Covid urges others to take virus seriously
- 9 Suspension bridge to close for maintenance
- 10 LOCAL BY-ELECTION: Portishead East district and town councillors elected