Pupils’ cultural experience
- Credit: supplied
GORDANO School pupils spent 10 days in Germany as part of their Comenius project, designed to increase their understanding of different cultures across Europe.
The visit to Goeppingen proved quite a challenge for the Portishead students who found themselves starting school at 7.30am every day.
The youngsters were hosted by their German partners, giving them an insight into day-to-day living in Germany, as well as providing the opportunity for them to practice their German speaking and listening skills.
During their stay, the teenagers visited the Daimler factory and the Allianz Arena in Munich.
They also did a great deal of site-seeing in the city and got involved in a number of team building activities.
You may also want to watch:
The Comenius project will continue in 2014 when a new group of Gordano students will be invited to make a different European visit.
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 Portishead Town's Trueman cancer diagnosis prompts £50,000 fundraising initiative
- 3 Council reveals cost for new primary school
- 4 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 5 Portishead Big Clean returns this weekend
- 6 Chef with Michelin star experience shares 'ultimate winters seafood' recipe
- 7 Police commissioner proposes rise in policing part of tax bill
- 8 Volunteers launch website for Trendlewood Park
- 9 Huge country house in historic setting, with views and a pool
- 10 Plans launched to upgrade village's Recreation Club