Pupils’ cultural experience
- Credit: supplied
GORDANO School pupils spent 10 days in Germany as part of their Comenius project, designed to increase their understanding of different cultures across Europe.
The visit to Goeppingen proved quite a challenge for the Portishead students who found themselves starting school at 7.30am every day.
The youngsters were hosted by their German partners, giving them an insight into day-to-day living in Germany, as well as providing the opportunity for them to practice their German speaking and listening skills.
During their stay, the teenagers visited the Daimler factory and the Allianz Arena in Munich.
They also did a great deal of site-seeing in the city and got involved in a number of team building activities.
The Comenius project will continue in 2014 when a new group of Gordano students will be invited to make a different European visit.
- 1 Construction training centre opens in Portishead
- 2 M5 closed after morning crash - causing FIVE MILES of tailbacks
- 3 Taxpayers paid £60k for Liam Fox's failed bid for WTO job: Reports
- 4 Appeal launched to save town's Christmas light displays
- 5 Portishead-Bristol bus plan would save £100 MILLION, campaigner claims
- 6 Geocaching added to Nailsea Heritage Trail
- 7 Martin Kemp to play 1980s tunes in Weston this weekend
- 8 New Clevedon charity is helping to create the scientists of the future
- 9 WIN: Tickets to Olivier Award-winning play screening in Clevedon
- 10 Legal challenge over plans to dump dredging waste off Portishead