Pupils’ cultural experience
- Credit: supplied
GORDANO School pupils spent 10 days in Germany as part of their Comenius project, designed to increase their understanding of different cultures across Europe.
The visit to Goeppingen proved quite a challenge for the Portishead students who found themselves starting school at 7.30am every day.
The youngsters were hosted by their German partners, giving them an insight into day-to-day living in Germany, as well as providing the opportunity for them to practice their German speaking and listening skills.
During their stay, the teenagers visited the Daimler factory and the Allianz Arena in Munich.
They also did a great deal of site-seeing in the city and got involved in a number of team building activities.
You may also want to watch:
The Comenius project will continue in 2014 when a new group of Gordano students will be invited to make a different European visit.
- 1 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 2 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 3 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 4 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 5 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 6 Clevedon CC captain Lintott selected by Southern Brave to play in The Hundred
- 7 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 8 Carpenter wants top Clevedon performance for President's Day
- 9 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 10 Save Weston Big Wood gatherings this weekend