Primary to convert to academy
KINGSHILL Primary School in Nailsea is set to become a primary academy at Easter.
The school in Pound Lane is looking to convert at Easter and the hunt is now on for an executive principal to lead the school.
Consultations with parents will also be carried out over the next few weeks to determine whether the school should change its name and uniform to mark the change.
Chris Perrett, chair of governors said: “What is important to all of us at the school is that all the things that keep Kingshill such a great place for children and staff are taken forward into the new academy, while also allowing us to change and evolve to become the outstanding school we know we can be.”
The school was given a ‘notice to improve’ after an Ofsted inspection in April.
You may also want to watch:
After consulting with the Department of Education, the diocese and parents, the governors decided converting to an academy was in the best long-term interests of the school and community.
Subject to the approval of government ministers the school will be under the direction of the Bath and Wells Diocesan Multi-Academy Trust (MAT).
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 6 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 7 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 8 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 9 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 10 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
Tess Gale, director of education for the diocese said: “The diocese is delighted that a long relationship with the school is now entering a new and exciting phase.
“Kingshill is such a special school, with a wonderful ethos. We are looking forward to all the new opportunities closer working will bring.”
The MAT is now undertaking a nationwide hunt for the best possible executive principal to provide leadership at Kingshill and other schools that will join the trust.
The school has its next open afternoon on November 22 so parents can find out more about the changes.