Preschool on the move
A CLEVEDON preschool will soon be moving into a new facility in the town.
North Somerset Council has agreed to spend �380,000 on creating a purpose-built facility at Mary Elton Primary School in Holland Road.
Once complete, St Andrew’s Sunbeams Preschool will relocate from its current home at St Andrew’s Church Centre in Old Church Road.
As part of a wider North Somerset Council programme to move preschools into more suitable buildings on school sites, Little Sparklers Preschool moved into a bigger facility at the site of Yeo Moor Primary School in September following the amalgamation of Yeo Moor infant and junior schools.
With the creation of these two bases in Clevedon, it means they can provide 50 preschool places and ensures the places remain in the town for the forseeable future.
You may also want to watch:
The unitary authority has also agreed to spend �285,000 moving Stepping Stones Preschool in Claverham on to the site of Court de Wyck Primary School.
All the projects will be funded using an Early Years Quality and Access Grant, which made �2.38million available to North Somerset Council from 2008-2011.
- 1 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 2 Car show produced in Clevedon proving to be popular among petrolheads
- 3 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
- 4 Businesses urged to claim coronavirus grants
- 5 Roomy chocolate-box cottage packed with period features
- 6 Where in North Somerset can you celebrate Christmas in church this year?
- 7 Airport appeal to be heard in the summer
- 8 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 9 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 10 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends