Preschool on the move
A CLEVEDON preschool will soon be moving into a new facility in the town.
North Somerset Council has agreed to spend �380,000 on creating a purpose-built facility at Mary Elton Primary School in Holland Road.
Once complete, St Andrew’s Sunbeams Preschool will relocate from its current home at St Andrew’s Church Centre in Old Church Road.
As part of a wider North Somerset Council programme to move preschools into more suitable buildings on school sites, Little Sparklers Preschool moved into a bigger facility at the site of Yeo Moor Primary School in September following the amalgamation of Yeo Moor infant and junior schools.
With the creation of these two bases in Clevedon, it means they can provide 50 preschool places and ensures the places remain in the town for the forseeable future.
You may also want to watch:
The unitary authority has also agreed to spend �285,000 moving Stepping Stones Preschool in Claverham on to the site of Court de Wyck Primary School.
All the projects will be funded using an Early Years Quality and Access Grant, which made �2.38million available to North Somerset Council from 2008-2011.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week
- 6 What we know about Prince Philip's funeral at Windsor
- 7 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 8 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 9 Health shop stocks fruit and vegetables free from plastic packaging
- 10 Celebrations after non-essential shops and pubs reopen in North Somerset