Preschool on the move
A CLEVEDON preschool will soon be moving into a new facility in the town.
North Somerset Council has agreed to spend �380,000 on creating a purpose-built facility at Mary Elton Primary School in Holland Road.
Once complete, St Andrew’s Sunbeams Preschool will relocate from its current home at St Andrew’s Church Centre in Old Church Road.
As part of a wider North Somerset Council programme to move preschools into more suitable buildings on school sites, Little Sparklers Preschool moved into a bigger facility at the site of Yeo Moor Primary School in September following the amalgamation of Yeo Moor infant and junior schools.
With the creation of these two bases in Clevedon, it means they can provide 50 preschool places and ensures the places remain in the town for the forseeable future.
You may also want to watch:
The unitary authority has also agreed to spend �285,000 moving Stepping Stones Preschool in Claverham on to the site of Court de Wyck Primary School.
All the projects will be funded using an Early Years Quality and Access Grant, which made �2.38million available to North Somerset Council from 2008-2011.
- 1 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year
- 2 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 3 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 4 Beautiful Edwardian villa near Clevedon's seafront
- 5 Life-saving equipment installed in town
- 6 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 7 Cliff Richard concert to be live streamed in cinemas
- 8 Ashton & Backwell United bow out of Buildbase FA Vase after Bemerton Heath Harlequins defeat
- 9 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 10 North Somerset residents at risk of PCR lab mix up