Preschool children look to cook in Portishead
- Credit: Archant
Children in Portishead have proven you are never too young to start to learn how to cook.
The Nursery’s preschool pupils proudly donned new white chef hats and aprons ahead of embarking on one of their regular cookery sessions.
They used eggs and flour to bake a tasty batch of cakes last week.
Childcare expert and owner of The Nursery, Jackie Hardie, believes the cookery classes help encourage children to develop in a number of different ways.
She said: “The children love cooking at The Nursery. Cookery helps to promote so many different skills from physical skills to early science, maths and language development.
You may also want to watch:
“It also encourages the children to try new flavours.”
The Nursery, in Combe Road, runs a variety of sessions for children aged six months to five years old and helps prepare them for the step up to primary school.
- 1 PICTURES: Pub relaunches following major transformation
- 2 Earthfare celebrates launch in Portishead
- 3 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 4 Pretty character cottage in Yatton outskirts
- 5 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 6 WIN: Tickets to Oasis concert screening at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 7 From cleaning windows to playing for Ashton & Backwell - Coleman's story
- 8 Hotel and wedding venue has seen business surge over summer
- 9 Highland calf born for first time in five years at zoo
- 10 Huge housing extension planned for North Somerset town