A NAILSEA preschool is appealing for funds to kit out its new outdoor play area.
Grove Preschool, which meets at Grove Sports and Social Club, was given a �15,000 grant to install a new outdoor play area, create a separate room for the preschool to meet in and add a separate entrance for the preschool.
Staff had been expecting a �45,000 grant from the Government, but the funding was slashed by �30,000 due to cutbacks.
As a result of the cuts, the preschool has had to shelve its plans to build new toilets for the youngsters, so they are now hoping to raise an extra �2,000 to pay for some new play equipment for the outdoor area.
Preschool leader Sarah Robbins said: “We’ve created a garden and an outdoor play area for the preschool. We’ve also knocked down a wall and put another wall up so we’ve got a room to ourselves.
“We are going to plant some vegetables and flowers in the garden and we’ve been asking the children for some suggestions about what they’d like to go in there.
- 1 Construction training centre opens in Portishead
- 2 M5 closed after morning crash - causing FIVE MILES of tailbacks
- 3 Taxpayers paid £60k for Liam Fox's failed bid for WTO job: Reports
- 4 Appeal launched to save town's Christmas light displays
- 5 Portishead-Bristol bus plan would save £100 MILLION, campaigner claims
- 6 Geocaching added to Nailsea Heritage Trail
- 7 Martin Kemp to play 1980s tunes in Weston this weekend
- 8 New Clevedon charity is helping to create the scientists of the future
- 9 Legal challenge over plans to dump dredging waste off Portishead
- 10 Nailsea & Tickenham remain unbeaten with victory over table leaders Mendip Broadwalk
“We’ve also been asking the children what equipment they would like us to buy for the outdoor area.
“We wanted separate toilets for the preschool but we’ll have to do that some time in the future.”
Staff are keen to make the preschool separate from the rest of the building, which is used for other sports and social events.
The preschool is now appealing for donations from local businesses and individuals to pay for more equipment for the youngsters.
Any donations can be handed to Sarah Robbins at the preschool or to find out more call 01275 857614 or email firstname.lastname@example.org