A NAILSEA preschool is appealing for funds to kit out its new outdoor play area.
Grove Preschool, which meets at Grove Sports and Social Club, was given a �15,000 grant to install a new outdoor play area, create a separate room for the preschool to meet in and add a separate entrance for the preschool.
Staff had been expecting a �45,000 grant from the Government, but the funding was slashed by �30,000 due to cutbacks.
As a result of the cuts, the preschool has had to shelve its plans to build new toilets for the youngsters, so they are now hoping to raise an extra �2,000 to pay for some new play equipment for the outdoor area.
Preschool leader Sarah Robbins said: “We’ve created a garden and an outdoor play area for the preschool. We’ve also knocked down a wall and put another wall up so we’ve got a room to ourselves.
“We are going to plant some vegetables and flowers in the garden and we’ve been asking the children for some suggestions about what they’d like to go in there.
- 1 Police warn drivers ahead of M5 fuel protests
- 2 'Unavoidable' delays push back pier-to-pier cycle way between Weston and Clevedon
- 3 Garden centre opens GOLF COURSE for shoppers
- 4 Firm's new depot at Avonmouth creates 10 jobs
- 5 Covid cases rise: 1-in-30 estimated to be positive
- 6 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and meteor showers
- 7 Glastonbury Festival 2022: Our review of the Worthy return...
- 8 VIDEO: Coastguard airlifts two people from Clevedon waters
- 9 Man jailed over theft and fraud at Worle butchers
- 10 Funding and inflation behind concerns over Portishead rail project
“We’ve also been asking the children what equipment they would like us to buy for the outdoor area.
“We wanted separate toilets for the preschool but we’ll have to do that some time in the future.”
Staff are keen to make the preschool separate from the rest of the building, which is used for other sports and social events.
The preschool is now appealing for donations from local businesses and individuals to pay for more equipment for the youngsters.
Any donations can be handed to Sarah Robbins at the preschool or to find out more call 01275 857614 or email firstname.lastname@example.org