Premier League trophy at Portishead school
- Credit: Supplied
Children in Portishead have got their hands on one of the most coveted prizes in football.
Pupils at Portishead Primary School in St Marys Road were visited by the Premier League Trophy after parent Jane Wilson won a competition run by Heart FM.
Youngsters had pictures taken with the silverware, which was adorned in the colours of current holders Manchester City.
Headteacher Richard Riordan said: “Making memories is a major part of school life and I am sure the children will remember this visit for years to come.
“Huge thanks go to Mrs Wilson for entering the competition on our behalf.”
You may also want to watch:
Children were given maths and PE lessons thanks to the Premier League Primary Stars and coaches from Bristol City Football Club.
Author Dan Freedman also visited to talk about his love of writing and former career as a journalist writing about the England football team.
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 Portishead Town's Trueman cancer diagnosis prompts £50,000 fundraising initiative
- 3 Council reveals cost for new primary school
- 4 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 5 Portishead Big Clean returns this weekend
- 6 Chef with Michelin star experience shares 'ultimate winters seafood' recipe
- 7 Police commissioner proposes rise in policing part of tax bill
- 8 Volunteers launch website for Trendlewood Park
- 9 Plans launched to upgrade village's Recreation Club
- 10 Huge country house in historic setting, with views and a pool