Premier League trophy at Portishead school
- Credit: Supplied
Children in Portishead have got their hands on one of the most coveted prizes in football.
Pupils at Portishead Primary School in St Marys Road were visited by the Premier League Trophy after parent Jane Wilson won a competition run by Heart FM.
Youngsters had pictures taken with the silverware, which was adorned in the colours of current holders Manchester City.
Headteacher Richard Riordan said: “Making memories is a major part of school life and I am sure the children will remember this visit for years to come.
“Huge thanks go to Mrs Wilson for entering the competition on our behalf.”
You may also want to watch:
Children were given maths and PE lessons thanks to the Premier League Primary Stars and coaches from Bristol City Football Club.
Author Dan Freedman also visited to talk about his love of writing and former career as a journalist writing about the England football team.
- 1 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 2 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year
- 3 Beautiful Edwardian villa near Clevedon's seafront
- 4 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 5 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 6 Camera club wants new members to join
- 7 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 8 New officer verification process introduced by police
- 9 North Somerset residents at risk of PCR lab mix up
- 10 Mental health safe space unveiled in Nailsea