Premier League trophy at Portishead school
- Credit: Supplied
Children in Portishead have got their hands on one of the most coveted prizes in football.
Pupils at Portishead Primary School in St Marys Road were visited by the Premier League Trophy after parent Jane Wilson won a competition run by Heart FM.
Youngsters had pictures taken with the silverware, which was adorned in the colours of current holders Manchester City.
Headteacher Richard Riordan said: “Making memories is a major part of school life and I am sure the children will remember this visit for years to come.
“Huge thanks go to Mrs Wilson for entering the competition on our behalf.”
You may also want to watch:
Children were given maths and PE lessons thanks to the Premier League Primary Stars and coaches from Bristol City Football Club.
Author Dan Freedman also visited to talk about his love of writing and former career as a journalist writing about the England football team.
- 1 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 2 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 3 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 4 Portishead's Morgan excited to make Olympic final
- 5 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 6 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 7 Yatton development welcomes first movers
- 8 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 9 Funding ensures children benefit from healthy food and holiday clubs this summer
- 10 Charity launches cream tea fundraiser