Premier League trophy at Portishead school
- Credit: Supplied
Children in Portishead have got their hands on one of the most coveted prizes in football.
Pupils at Portishead Primary School in St Marys Road were visited by the Premier League Trophy after parent Jane Wilson won a competition run by Heart FM.
Youngsters had pictures taken with the silverware, which was adorned in the colours of current holders Manchester City.
Headteacher Richard Riordan said: “Making memories is a major part of school life and I am sure the children will remember this visit for years to come.
“Huge thanks go to Mrs Wilson for entering the competition on our behalf.”
You may also want to watch:
Children were given maths and PE lessons thanks to the Premier League Primary Stars and coaches from Bristol City Football Club.
Author Dan Freedman also visited to talk about his love of writing and former career as a journalist writing about the England football team.
- 1 How to order free Covid home tests
- 2 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 3 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 4 Celebrations after non-essential shops and pubs reopen in North Somerset
- 5 Nailsea Cricket Club start senior nets for new season
- 6 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 7 Special school expansion progress
- 8 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 9 North Somerset and Somerset libraries reopen this week