New facilities planned for Portishead primary school
- Credit: Archant
New teaching facilities could be built at a Portishead school.
An application for full planning permission has been submitted to North Somerset Council to build a teacher training room and teaching pavilion at St Peter’s Primary School in Halletts Way.
The training facility would provide space for up to 30 staff and would help the school comply with government policy which encourages training space on school sites.
The application’s design and access statement says: “The development will support the teacher training activities in the school and will improve the sustainability of the school in a social, economical and environmental context.
“The new pavilion will enhance the variety of teaching styles and content provided.”
You may also want to watch:
Comments on the application can be made on North Somerset Council’s planning portal until July 4.
- 1 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 2 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 3 Neighbourhood plan to go before council next month
- 4 Nailsea United fall to heavy defeat against Mendip Broadwalk
- 5 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 6 Age UK looking for North Somerset volunteers
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Portishead Art Trail splash sculpture gets a refurb
- 9 Hinkley dredging is safe, say project leaders
- 10 Light the Night celebration to take place in Clevedon