New facilities planned for Portishead primary school
- Credit: Archant
New teaching facilities could be built at a Portishead school.
An application for full planning permission has been submitted to North Somerset Council to build a teacher training room and teaching pavilion at St Peter’s Primary School in Halletts Way.
The training facility would provide space for up to 30 staff and would help the school comply with government policy which encourages training space on school sites.
The application’s design and access statement says: “The development will support the teacher training activities in the school and will improve the sustainability of the school in a social, economical and environmental context.
“The new pavilion will enhance the variety of teaching styles and content provided.”
You may also want to watch:
Comments on the application can be made on North Somerset Council’s planning portal until July 4.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder
- 2 North Somerset restaurants reopening outside next week
- 3 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 4 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 5 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 6 Modern three-bedroom eco house with lovely gardens
- 7 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 8 North Somerset antisocial behaviour orders come into force
- 9 Plan to cut traffic on rural roads
- 10 Best scenic dog walks in North Somerset and Somerset