New facilities planned for Portishead primary school
- Credit: Archant
New teaching facilities could be built at a Portishead school.
An application for full planning permission has been submitted to North Somerset Council to build a teacher training room and teaching pavilion at St Peter’s Primary School in Halletts Way.
The training facility would provide space for up to 30 staff and would help the school comply with government policy which encourages training space on school sites.
The application’s design and access statement says: “The development will support the teacher training activities in the school and will improve the sustainability of the school in a social, economical and environmental context.
“The new pavilion will enhance the variety of teaching styles and content provided.”
You may also want to watch:
Comments on the application can be made on North Somerset Council’s planning portal until July 4.
- 1 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5
- 2 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 3 Man due in court after cars stolen in burglary
- 4 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 5 Carpenter remembers Clevedon's Bristol Combination Vase triumph
- 6 Huge country house in historic setting, with views and a pool
- 7 Council reveals cost for new primary school
- 8 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 9 Volunteers launch website for Trendlewood Park
- 10 Mental health services to help people cope in lockdown