Portishead nursery gets outstanding Ofsted inspection
- Credit: Archant
Outstanding in every area – that is Ofsted’s glowing verdict of a Portishead nursery after impressing inspectors this summer.
Staff, children and parents have been celebrating after Honey Tree Day Nursery and Preschool achieved the top rating from the education watchdog.
Damien Harris, the nursery’s deputy manager, said the result was a ‘great achievement’ for everyone connected to the centre.
He said: “We are all really chuffed.
“We are really proud of the staff. Ofsted was able to say how hard people work and they are professional at all times.
You may also want to watch:
“We are over the moon and parents have been congratulating us.”
Inspectors toured the premises in Stoke Road in August and released their report this month.
- 1 Changes to North Somerset Council’s executive team announced
- 2 Contemporary living with lovely estuary views
- 3 Creation of 'flimsy' roles at £7,000 is 'indefensible', says North Somerset councillor
- 4 Lord-Lieutenant unveils memorial to commemorate village war dead
- 5 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 6 April 12: Air ambulance charity has busiest week on record
- 7 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 8 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 9 Cleeve claim friendly win at Hambrook
- 10 How to order free Covid home tests
Leadership, quality of teaching, children’s welfare and progress were all rated as outstanding.
Inspector Julie Swann said encouraging outdoors learning was the only way the nursery could improve.
She said: “Children thrive in this highly inspiring environment.
“Managers and staff demonstrate first-class teaching skills and they create a stimulating and exciting environment to capture children’s interests.
“They are excellent role models; they are extremely calm and nurturing and set high behavioural expectations.”