Portishead nursery gets outstanding Ofsted inspection
- Credit: Archant
Outstanding in every area – that is Ofsted’s glowing verdict of a Portishead nursery after impressing inspectors this summer.
Staff, children and parents have been celebrating after Honey Tree Day Nursery and Preschool achieved the top rating from the education watchdog.
Damien Harris, the nursery’s deputy manager, said the result was a ‘great achievement’ for everyone connected to the centre.
He said: “We are all really chuffed.
“We are really proud of the staff. Ofsted was able to say how hard people work and they are professional at all times.
You may also want to watch:
“We are over the moon and parents have been congratulating us.”
Inspectors toured the premises in Stoke Road in August and released their report this month.
- 1 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
- 2 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 3 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 4 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 5 Clevedon resident raises more than £9k for MS research
- 6 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 7 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 8 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 9 Clevedon return to top of WEPL table with win over Lansdown
- 10 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
Leadership, quality of teaching, children’s welfare and progress were all rated as outstanding.
Inspector Julie Swann said encouraging outdoors learning was the only way the nursery could improve.
She said: “Children thrive in this highly inspiring environment.
“Managers and staff demonstrate first-class teaching skills and they create a stimulating and exciting environment to capture children’s interests.
“They are excellent role models; they are extremely calm and nurturing and set high behavioural expectations.”