Portishead nursery gets outstanding Ofsted inspection
- Credit: Archant
Outstanding in every area – that is Ofsted’s glowing verdict of a Portishead nursery after impressing inspectors this summer.
Staff, children and parents have been celebrating after Honey Tree Day Nursery and Preschool achieved the top rating from the education watchdog.
Damien Harris, the nursery’s deputy manager, said the result was a ‘great achievement’ for everyone connected to the centre.
He said: “We are all really chuffed.
“We are really proud of the staff. Ofsted was able to say how hard people work and they are professional at all times.
“We are over the moon and parents have been congratulating us.”
Inspectors toured the premises in Stoke Road in August and released their report this month.
- 1 House of Commons gives Liam Fox reason for Portishead Rail delay
- 2 Council urges North Somerset to follow Omicron rules
- 3 Friends opt for career change with new Backwell distillery
- 4 PICTURES: Mum and daughter launch 'buzzing' Christmas market
- 5 Man sentenced to at least 24 years for trying to kill his parents
- 6 Clevedon Town to play Brxiham after Tavistock thrown out of FA Vase
- 7 Man completely covers his house with festive lights to 'spread Christmas cheer'
- 8 Three-day Christmas market coming to North Somerset
- 9 Nailsea & Backwell RFC maintain perfect start with Bristol Imperial win
- 10 Clevedon bookshop to launch grant scheme
Leadership, quality of teaching, children’s welfare and progress were all rated as outstanding.
Inspector Julie Swann said encouraging outdoors learning was the only way the nursery could improve.
She said: “Children thrive in this highly inspiring environment.
“Managers and staff demonstrate first-class teaching skills and they create a stimulating and exciting environment to capture children’s interests.
“They are excellent role models; they are extremely calm and nurturing and set high behavioural expectations.”