Portishead school wins gala title
- Credit: Portishead Open Air Pool
More than 250 children took part in a swimming gala at the Portishead Open Air Pool.
Youngsters had the chance to represent their schools in 88 races ahead of the summer holidays.
Children in years three to six competed in the event and High Down Junior School won it for a sixth time, scooping 63 gold medals.
Pool volunteer Barbara Thatcher said: “It’s a fantastic opportunity for the junior school children of Portishead to be able to experience a competitive gala. All the children demonstrate fantastic team spirit and clearly enjoy the chance to represent their schools.”
Portishead Town Council chairman Lesley Cottrell presented the 190 medals provided by the town’s Rotarians.
You may also want to watch:
The open air pool is looking for volunteers to join its reception and tuck shop team.
* Anyone interested in applying should email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Stunning and modern four-bedroom home near open countryside
- 2 Nailsea church awarded grant for repairs and reopening
- 3 Chief constable's bid to overturn ruling on PC's racist language dismissed
- 4 Carpenter praises Clevedon following success over Chippenham
- 5 May 17: Entertainment venues across North Somerset reopening
- 6 Nailsea teacher publishes book on cycling challenge
- 7 Man with long Covid urges others to take virus seriously
- 8 Portishead Open Air Pool to reopen on Friday
- 9 LOCAL BY-ELECTION: Portishead East district and town councillors elected
- 10 Suspension bridge to close for maintenance