Portishead school wins gala title
- Credit: Portishead Open Air Pool
More than 250 children took part in a swimming gala at the Portishead Open Air Pool.
Youngsters had the chance to represent their schools in 88 races ahead of the summer holidays.
Children in years three to six competed in the event and High Down Junior School won it for a sixth time, scooping 63 gold medals.
Pool volunteer Barbara Thatcher said: “It’s a fantastic opportunity for the junior school children of Portishead to be able to experience a competitive gala. All the children demonstrate fantastic team spirit and clearly enjoy the chance to represent their schools.”
Portishead Town Council chairman Lesley Cottrell presented the 190 medals provided by the town’s Rotarians.
You may also want to watch:
The open air pool is looking for volunteers to join its reception and tuck shop team.
* Anyone interested in applying should email email@example.com
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 Portishead Town's Trueman cancer diagnosis prompts £50,000 fundraising initiative
- 3 Council reveals cost for new primary school
- 4 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 5 Portishead Big Clean returns this weekend
- 6 Chef with Michelin star experience shares 'ultimate winters seafood' recipe
- 7 Police commissioner proposes rise in policing part of tax bill
- 8 Volunteers launch website for Trendlewood Park
- 9 Plans launched to upgrade village's Recreation Club
- 10 Huge country house in historic setting, with views and a pool