Portishead and Yatton pupils perform at Bristol’s Colston Hall
- Credit: n/a
A Portishead primary has been crowned the winner of a Christmas music competition for schools.
Talented pupils at St Joseph’s Primary School sang their hearts out and were named the champions.
The competition was run by Weston’s Grand Pier in partnership with North Somerset Music Service.
As the winning large primary school, the children were presented with a large trophy.
They were also invited to sing at the North Somerset schools’ Christmas extravaganza concert at the Colston Hall in Bristol.
You may also want to watch:
Helen Page, the school’s music co-ordinator, said: “They sang to the sell-out audience in this large venue as part of a packed festive programme.
“It included songs sung by a choir of 300 children from schools across the area, a dance performed by the school’s performing arts group, music from the Yatton Junior School ukulele group and other musical items.”
- 1 Plant-based diet helps Clevedon man fight cancer
- 2 How a Nailsea care home weathered the Covid-19 storm
- 3 Villagers object to 'totally inappropriate' housing proposal
- 4 Nursery birthday parties provide normality to children in lockdown
- 5 Businesses donate nearly 500 computers to support pupils in lockdown
- 6 Clevedon School thanks NHS with giant light display
- 7 More than 100 rough sleepers supported during pandemic in North Somerset
- 8 Caroline Goddard wins community hero competition
- 9 Chamber of commerce set to adopt name change
- 10 Portishead Town's Trueman cancer diagnosis prompts £50,000 fundraising initiative