Portishead and Yatton pupils perform at Bristol’s Colston Hall
- Credit: n/a
A Portishead primary has been crowned the winner of a Christmas music competition for schools.
Talented pupils at St Joseph’s Primary School sang their hearts out and were named the champions.
The competition was run by Weston’s Grand Pier in partnership with North Somerset Music Service.
As the winning large primary school, the children were presented with a large trophy.
They were also invited to sing at the North Somerset schools’ Christmas extravaganza concert at the Colston Hall in Bristol.
You may also want to watch:
Helen Page, the school’s music co-ordinator, said: “They sang to the sell-out audience in this large venue as part of a packed festive programme.
“It included songs sung by a choir of 300 children from schools across the area, a dance performed by the school’s performing arts group, music from the Yatton Junior School ukulele group and other musical items.”
- 1 Restaurants celebrate successful first week after April 12 reopening
- 2 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 3 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 4 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 5 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 6 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 7 How to order free Covid home tests
- 8 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 9 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema
- 10 Floral display helping to cheer up shoppers in Nailsea