Portishead and Yatton pupils perform at Bristol’s Colston Hall
- Credit: n/a
A Portishead primary has been crowned the winner of a Christmas music competition for schools.
Talented pupils at St Joseph’s Primary School sang their hearts out and were named the champions.
The competition was run by Weston’s Grand Pier in partnership with North Somerset Music Service.
As the winning large primary school, the children were presented with a large trophy.
They were also invited to sing at the North Somerset schools’ Christmas extravaganza concert at the Colston Hall in Bristol.
You may also want to watch:
Helen Page, the school’s music co-ordinator, said: “They sang to the sell-out audience in this large venue as part of a packed festive programme.
“It included songs sung by a choir of 300 children from schools across the area, a dance performed by the school’s performing arts group, music from the Yatton Junior School ukulele group and other musical items.”
- 1 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 2 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 3 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 4 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 5 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 6 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 7 Ashton & Backwell begin new season with defeat at Keynsham
- 8 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 9 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 10 Save Weston Big Wood gatherings this weekend