Portishead and Yatton pupils perform at Bristol’s Colston Hall
- Credit: n/a
A Portishead primary has been crowned the winner of a Christmas music competition for schools.
Talented pupils at St Joseph’s Primary School sang their hearts out and were named the champions.
The competition was run by Weston’s Grand Pier in partnership with North Somerset Music Service.
As the winning large primary school, the children were presented with a large trophy.
They were also invited to sing at the North Somerset schools’ Christmas extravaganza concert at the Colston Hall in Bristol.
You may also want to watch:
Helen Page, the school’s music co-ordinator, said: “They sang to the sell-out audience in this large venue as part of a packed festive programme.
“It included songs sung by a choir of 300 children from schools across the area, a dance performed by the school’s performing arts group, music from the Yatton Junior School ukulele group and other musical items.”
- 1 Car show produced in Clevedon proving to be popular among petrolheads
- 2 Roomy chocolate-box cottage packed with period features
- 3 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 4 Shop Local: Chamber of commerce urges people to utilise high street independents this weekend
- 5 Support Portishead and Nailsea Lions clubs with Santa Float collections this December
- 6 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 7 New bike racks installed in Portishead High Street
- 8 Clevedon Music Club cancels winter concert
- 9 Portishead building firm wins national award