Portishead primaries top The Real Schools Guide 2020 table for district
- Credit: Archant
A Portishead primary has been rated the top school in North Somerset, according to The Real Schools Guide 2020.
The guide gives a rundown of the top primary schools in the district, which has been created by Bristol Live.
St Peter's Primary School, in Portishead, was named the top-ranking school in the area, followed by Trinity Primary School, which is also in town.
Schools in chronological order after the two Portishead primaries include Kingshill Church School, in Nailsea, Ashcombe Primary School, in Weston, and Backwell Junior School.
The primaries' ratings are based on percentages of attainment, teaching, progress and attendance for each school, and the guide is comprised from local government data.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher at St Peter's, Sharon Roberts, said: "We are delighted to have been recognised by the Real Schools Guide 2020.
"Our school vision strives for excellence in all we do, who we are and in our service with others, and we have certainly seen this in our results."
- 1 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 2 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 3 Garden waste service disrupted due to 'ongoing crew shortages'
- 4 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 5 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 6 Yatton development welcomes first movers
- 7 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 8 PICTURES: Inside Clevedon Pier's Glass Box Cafe
- 9 Restricting more flights from airport would have 'profound implications for society', says lawyer
- 10 Sections of historic Portishead railway line to be reused for project
The guide covers every primary school in North Somerset, Bristol and South Gloucestershire and the guide is now in its seventh year of publication.
Headteacher at Trinity, Sandy Nickells, said: "It is such a privilege to work with our young people and we are proud to see them flourish and achieve.
"A huge thank you to our partners, parents, carers, governors and churches for their involvement and support, as well as the dedication and expertise provided by the Trinity team."
Headteacher of Ashcombe Primary School, John Clark, praised pupils and staff following the result.
He said: "It's so lovely to have the school's work recognised in The Real Schools Guide.
"We have the most fabulous staff team and incredible children who really care about making a difference in the world.
"Our curriculum supports children in gaining knowledge across extended projects that provide a service to their community and leave a legacy."
A spokesman for Kingshill said: "Kingshill is very proud of the children that did so well in their SATs and of the staff who worked so hard to help the children make good progress."
Backwell Junior School was approached for comment, but did not respond at time of going to press.