Plea for pool volunteers
MOTIVATED volunteers are needed in the hope of keeping a North Somerset school swimming pool operating.
The pool at Crockerne Primary School in Pill is in need of refurbishment to make it more energy efficient and suitable for use.
It is currently surrounded by a fibreglass shell, that allows heat to escape in the winter and makes the room too hot during summer.
Governors at the Westward Drive school recently voted unanimously to keep it open for at least another year and are now on the lookout for people to help form a new management committee and fund-raising group, which it is hoped will help secure the pool’s viability in the future.
Once some remedial work has been completed following a recent health and safety inspection, the pool will reopen after the school Easter holidays.
You may also want to watch:
Chairman of the school governors, Elspeth Davies said: “As a governing body we want to do all we can to support the pool, but it needs to be financially viable and supported by volunteers from the community, who can support and develop out-of-school and community usage, help with the maintenance and work toward a stable financial future.”
Anyone with the time, skills or enthusiasm to help out should contact the school on 01275 372659 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 2 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 3 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 4 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 5 Ashton & Backwell begin new season with defeat at Keynsham
- 6 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 7 Save Weston Big Wood gatherings this weekend
- 8 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 9 Ashton & Backwell United announce departure of Rich
- 10 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage