Plaque celebrates town centre mosaic
- Credit: Archant
A plaque was unveiled under a community mosaic in Nailsea to thank all those who helped to create it.
Pupils from The Whiteoak Academies of Hannah More Infants and Grove Juniors, Golden Valley Primary School and Nailsea School helped to design a picture for the mosaic, along with artist David Bowers from Mosaic Madness.
Children enjoyed researching local history and transforming each class' designs into mosaics.
The piece of artwork was installed on a wall in Crown Glass Shopping centre in October.
Fran Newton came up with the idea of the mosaic to brighten up the town.
You may also want to watch:
She said: "It was lovely. The children had a wonderful time.
"Up to 300 children were involved and asked to place certain pieces on the mosaic."
- 1 From cleaning windows to playing for Ashton & Backwell - Coleman's story
- 2 Ashton & Backwell United progress in FA Vase after win at Stonehouse Town
- 3 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 4 Masked man caught spying on couple in North Somerset village
- 5 Clevedon's home match with Gordano will be 'hugely proud moment' for Owen
- 6 Wildlife expert joins Portishead Arts Festival line-up
- 7 North Somerset mortgage firm named UK's number one broker for outstanding customer outcomes
- 8 Staff working 'tirelessly' to reopen school after 'catastrophic' flood damage
- 9 WIN: Tickets to Oasis concert screening at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 10 Funds of £20k available for North Somerset groups
A number of organisations have supported the project including Nailsea Town Council and Nailsea Community Trust.