Plaque celebrates town centre mosaic
- Credit: Archant
A plaque was unveiled under a community mosaic in Nailsea to thank all those who helped to create it.
Pupils from The Whiteoak Academies of Hannah More Infants and Grove Juniors, Golden Valley Primary School and Nailsea School helped to design a picture for the mosaic, along with artist David Bowers from Mosaic Madness.
Children enjoyed researching local history and transforming each class' designs into mosaics.
The piece of artwork was installed on a wall in Crown Glass Shopping centre in October.
Fran Newton came up with the idea of the mosaic to brighten up the town.
You may also want to watch:
She said: "It was lovely. The children had a wonderful time.
"Up to 300 children were involved and asked to place certain pieces on the mosaic."
- 1 North Somerset restaurants reopening outside next week
- 2 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 3 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 4 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 5 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 6 Modern three-bedroom eco house with lovely gardens
- 7 FA publish updated grassroots football guidance
- 8 Housing group contributes £400,000 for North Somerset rugby club revamp
- 9 Best scenic dog walks in North Somerset and Somerset
- 10 Plan to cut traffic on rural roads
A number of organisations have supported the project including Nailsea Town Council and Nailsea Community Trust.