Plaque celebrates town centre mosaic
- Credit: Archant
A plaque was unveiled under a community mosaic in Nailsea to thank all those who helped to create it.
Pupils from The Whiteoak Academies of Hannah More Infants and Grove Juniors, Golden Valley Primary School and Nailsea School helped to design a picture for the mosaic, along with artist David Bowers from Mosaic Madness.
Children enjoyed researching local history and transforming each class' designs into mosaics.
The piece of artwork was installed on a wall in Crown Glass Shopping centre in October.
Fran Newton came up with the idea of the mosaic to brighten up the town.
You may also want to watch:
She said: "It was lovely. The children had a wonderful time.
"Up to 300 children were involved and asked to place certain pieces on the mosaic."
- 1 Popular community centre café closes
- 2 Clevedon man to cycle 'own Tour De France' for breast cancer charity
- 3 Beauty spot used as toilet
- 4 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 5 Clevedon School orders year groups to self-isolate after Covid outbreak
- 6 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 7 Three North Somerset women commended in Queen’s birthday honours
- 8 Somerset Freemason raise £25k to help young people
- 9 Events taking place across North Somerset
- 10 Long-term lease secures football club’s future
A number of organisations have supported the project including Nailsea Town Council and Nailsea Community Trust.