Plans for second rock school
THE Rock Project which launches in Portishead next week has announced plans to open a second music school in the area.
Andy Collins whose rock school opens at Portishead Youth Centre on October 3 is now searching for a suitable venue to host sessions in Clevedon from January.
The Rock Project offers youngsters aged between seven and 18 weekly tuition in guitar, drums and bass, in a fun and relaxed environment.
The two-hour, weekly sessions combine professional tuition with lots of other music-related activities ranging from jamming and singing to music quizzes to help teach theory.
The budding musicians are encouraged to form bands and stage a rock concert at the end of the year.
You may also want to watch:
Classes in Portishead for seniors aged 11-18 are almost full but there are still places for seven to 11-year-olds who meet each Wednesday between 3.30-5.30pm.
To sign up, find out more about The Rock Project or suggest a Clevedon venue email email@example.com, telephone 01275 265226 or visit www.therockproject.com
- 1 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year
- 2 Responses to Portishead Lake Grounds consultation published
- 3 PICTURES: Lions charity surprises Clevedon residents
- 4 Primary school wins a second award for its focus on pupils’ mental wellbeing
- 5 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 6 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 7 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 8 Bristol and Weston NHS charities merge under new name
- 9 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 10 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children