Plans for second rock school
THE Rock Project which launches in Portishead next week has announced plans to open a second music school in the area.
Andy Collins whose rock school opens at Portishead Youth Centre on October 3 is now searching for a suitable venue to host sessions in Clevedon from January.
The Rock Project offers youngsters aged between seven and 18 weekly tuition in guitar, drums and bass, in a fun and relaxed environment.
The two-hour, weekly sessions combine professional tuition with lots of other music-related activities ranging from jamming and singing to music quizzes to help teach theory.
The budding musicians are encouraged to form bands and stage a rock concert at the end of the year.
You may also want to watch:
Classes in Portishead for seniors aged 11-18 are almost full but there are still places for seven to 11-year-olds who meet each Wednesday between 3.30-5.30pm.
To sign up, find out more about The Rock Project or suggest a Clevedon venue email firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone 01275 265226 or visit www.therockproject.com
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 3 How to order free Covid home tests
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 6 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 7 Jones "proud" of what he achieved with Ashton & Backwell United
- 8 Celebrations after non-essential shops and pubs reopen in North Somerset
- 9 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week
- 10 Health shop stocks fruit and vegetables free from plastic packaging