Pirates and divers explore life at sea
- Credit: Archant
Cutlasses, pirate hats, eye patches and flippers were sported by pupils at a Portishead school as they learned about life at sea.
Year two pupils from Trinity Primary School, in Marjoram Way, were invited to wear sea-themed costumes to class for lessons about pirates and explorers.
The children have been tackling subjects like sea exploration and Christoper Columbus during their topic about life on the ocean waves.
Pupils enjoyed making pirate flags, cutlass cocktail sticks and taking part in a floating and sinking science experiment.
At playtime the pirate fun continued as children climbed on a wooden ship in the school grounds.
You may also want to watch:
Pupils also dressed as deep sea divers, sea creatures and Captain Barbossa’s cursed crew from the Pirates Of The Caribbean film series.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder
- 2 North Somerset restaurants reopening outside next week
- 3 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 4 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 5 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 6 Modern three-bedroom eco house with lovely gardens
- 7 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 8 North Somerset antisocial behaviour orders come into force
- 9 Plan to cut traffic on rural roads
- 10 Best scenic dog walks in North Somerset and Somerset