Pill students put on sports day for 120 primary school children
- Credit: Supplied
More than 100 pupils from Long Ashton, Nailsea, Pill and Portishead primary schools took part in a multi-activity day.
St Katherine’s School, in Pill Road, welcomed pupils from schools including Crockerne, Northleaze, Golden Valley and Trinity primary school to the event which was hosted by year 10 BTEC sports students.
As part of the leadership element of the course, the students put on 12 different activities suitable for year one and two pupils.
Dave Cook, head of PE at St Katherine’s School in Pill, said: “It’s been a fantastic event and its been great to welcome so many North Somerset primary schools to St Katherine’s and see the children enjoy the day our BTEC sports students prepared for them.
“This was a real opportunity for our students to showcase what St Katherine’s students are all about.
You may also want to watch:
“I am really impressed with the enthusiasm and energy of our students.
“Although a lot of this event was about fun and physical activity, it gave our BTEC sport students the opportunity to develop their leadership skills which will serve them well both in their studies and their lives outside school.”
- 1 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 2 Officer's final written warning after sending inappropriate messages
- 3 Bristol Combination Vase: Nailsea & Backwell RFC looking to create history says Hill
- 4 WIN: Tickets to Cliff Richard live concert screening
- 5 North Somerset authors publish books
- 6 Nailsea & Backwell RFC v Bristol Imperial RFC LIVE BLOG
- 7 Road group condemns 'unacceptable traffic misery' in village
- 8 Councillor calls for misogyny to be classed as hate crime
- 9 Coffee morning raises hundreds of pounds for two charities
- 10 Appeal after man injured in robbery