Pill students put on sports day for 120 primary school children
- Credit: Supplied
More than 100 pupils from Long Ashton, Nailsea, Pill and Portishead primary schools took part in a multi-activity day.
St Katherine’s School, in Pill Road, welcomed pupils from schools including Crockerne, Northleaze, Golden Valley and Trinity primary school to the event which was hosted by year 10 BTEC sports students.
As part of the leadership element of the course, the students put on 12 different activities suitable for year one and two pupils.
Dave Cook, head of PE at St Katherine’s School in Pill, said: “It’s been a fantastic event and its been great to welcome so many North Somerset primary schools to St Katherine’s and see the children enjoy the day our BTEC sports students prepared for them.
“This was a real opportunity for our students to showcase what St Katherine’s students are all about.
“I am really impressed with the enthusiasm and energy of our students.
“Although a lot of this event was about fun and physical activity, it gave our BTEC sport students the opportunity to develop their leadership skills which will serve them well both in their studies and their lives outside school.”
- 1 Construction training centre opens in Portishead
- 2 M5 closed after morning crash - causing FIVE MILES of tailbacks
- 3 Taxpayers paid £60k for Liam Fox's failed bid for WTO job: Reports
- 4 Appeal launched to save town's Christmas light displays
- 5 Portishead-Bristol bus plan would save £100 MILLION, campaigner claims
- 6 Geocaching added to Nailsea Heritage Trail
- 7 Martin Kemp to play 1980s tunes in Weston this weekend
- 8 New Clevedon charity is helping to create the scientists of the future
- 9 WIN: Tickets to Olivier Award-winning play screening in Clevedon
- 10 Legal challenge over plans to dump dredging waste off Portishead