Picture gallery: World Book Day
STAFF and children dressed up as colourful characters and took part in exciting activities to mark World Book Day.
Where’s Wally was the theme at Portishead Primary School where pupils ditched their uniforms and dressed as Wally.
Pupils at St Joseph’s Primary School and High Down Junior School in Portishead dressed as their favourite book characters and explored the books their characters had come from.
Youngsters at Brampton Preschool in Portishead arrived in pyjamas to celebrate bedtime stories and at Rydal Day Nursery in Clevedon children dressed up as part of a month-long book project, which will also see parents attend story time and props used to make stories more enjoyable for children.
At Tickenham Primary School, pupils were asked to get creative and make their own book character for a competition and staff at West Leigh Infants School in Backwell dressed up.
You may also want to watch:
Golden Valley Primary School in Nailsea used World Book Day to launch a week’s worth of book-related activities, which will also include designing a book cover, sharing stories with friends and the children writing their own versions of traditional tales.
* For more pictures click on the gallery link at the top right of this story.
- 1 Contemporary living with lovely estuary views
- 2 Key workers awarded for their dedication during pandemic
- 3 Changes to North Somerset Council’s executive team announced
- 4 Creation of 'flimsy' roles at £7,000 is 'indefensible', says North Somerset councillor
- 5 How to order free Covid home tests
- 6 April 12: Air ambulance charity has busiest week on record
- 7 Call for new system to help people with addictions and mental health issues
- 8 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 9 Lord-Lieutenant unveils memorial to commemorate village war dead
- 10 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser