Picture gallery: World Book Day
STAFF and children dressed up as colourful characters and took part in exciting activities to mark World Book Day.
Where’s Wally was the theme at Portishead Primary School where pupils ditched their uniforms and dressed as Wally.
Pupils at St Joseph’s Primary School and High Down Junior School in Portishead dressed as their favourite book characters and explored the books their characters had come from.
Youngsters at Brampton Preschool in Portishead arrived in pyjamas to celebrate bedtime stories and at Rydal Day Nursery in Clevedon children dressed up as part of a month-long book project, which will also see parents attend story time and props used to make stories more enjoyable for children.
At Tickenham Primary School, pupils were asked to get creative and make their own book character for a competition and staff at West Leigh Infants School in Backwell dressed up.
You may also want to watch:
Golden Valley Primary School in Nailsea used World Book Day to launch a week’s worth of book-related activities, which will also include designing a book cover, sharing stories with friends and the children writing their own versions of traditional tales.
* For more pictures click on the gallery link at the top right of this story.
- 1 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 2 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 3 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 4 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 5 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 6 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 7 Clevedon CC captain Lintott selected by Southern Brave to play in The Hundred
- 8 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 9 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 10 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'