Picture gallery: Den building and survival skills
A DAY of den building in Clevedon was enjoyed by children and parents as part of a month-long project.
For the past few weeks, more than 200 families from all the schools in the town have been taking part in a family learning festival, including 50 different workshops offering activities such as Lego robotics, comic art, forensic science, crafts and origami.
Sessions have taken place after school and at weekends and were hosted by schools and also the town’s YMCA in Marson Road.
On Saturday, families took part in den building in the woods behind Clevedon School and also learned survival skills under the guidance of play rangers Sam Harrison and Debbie Lawrence.
The YMCA also ran a Scalextrix and FIFA tournament during which dads and children competed against each other.
School extended services partnership manager Pippa Gribben said: “We have been overwhelmed by the feedback from families who have loved the range of activities and we hope it encourages them to keep learning together.”
The festival will culminate with a special family screening of Jasper Penguin Explorer (U) at The Curzon Community Cinema in Old Church Road on April 1 for just �5. Doors open at 3.30pm for the 4pm screening.
- 1 Fatal collision in Clevedon leaves man in his 70s dead
- 2 House of Commons gives Liam Fox reason for Portishead Rail delay
- 3 Clevedon B&M redevelopment approved, despite hundreds of objections
- 4 Santa routes for towns this December are revealed
- 5 Extension to cycling route could be approved next year
- 6 Friends opt for career change with new Backwell distillery
- 7 New Mercury and Times editor appointed
- 8 Remembrance service for crew who died in air crash
- 9 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 10 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
To book a place in advance call 07868 422089.
* For more pictures of the family learning festival click on the gallery link at the top of this story.