PHOTOS: Children rewarded for outstanding contributions to their village
- Credit: Archant
Children who have made an outstanding contribution to their village were celebrated.
Congresbury Youth Partnership (CYP) hosted its Young People’s Awards ceremony on Friday to recognise the efforts of youngsters in the village.
The winners were presented with shields at the recreation club.
Among the winners were Finlay McTeer, Katie Flook, Amy Simms, Anya Aggington and Phoebe Jonston.
Lucy Truckle, Ellie Fox, Alyx Carter and Saskia Lawrence also won awards.
You may also want to watch:
CYP secretary Alex Ballard said: “The awards were set up in 2011 by the Sullivan family in memory of Tony Sullivan.
“Tony was a hard-working inspirer of young people, encouraging them to achieve even when he was himself out of his comfort zone. He was a vital part of CYP and the football club.
- 1 Plant-based diet helps Clevedon man fight cancer
- 2 How a Nailsea care home weathered the Covid-19 storm
- 3 Villagers object to 'totally inappropriate' housing proposal
- 4 Nursery birthday parties provide normality to children in lockdown
- 5 Businesses donate nearly 500 computers to support pupils in lockdown
- 6 Clevedon School thanks NHS with giant light display
- 7 Chamber of commerce set to adopt name change
- 8 More than 100 rough sleepers supported during pandemic in North Somerset
- 9 Wrington store nominated for best in South West
- 10 Caroline Goddard wins community hero competition
“Youth groups nominate one person who has stood out for commitment, effort, and support of others.”