Parents consulted over school term dates for 2018/19 in North Somerset
- Credit: Archant
A draft school term schedule for 2018-19 has been issued by North Somerset Council.
It has divided the year into the normal six terms and is asking for feedback on the proposals.
Schools would return after the summer on September 3 and finish in December just four days before Christmas. A week’s break is also scheduled between October 27 and November 4.
Term three would run from January 3 to February 15 and the fourth from February 25 to April 5. The fifth term is set for April 23 to May 24 and schools would then have their summer term from June 3 to July 23.
Cllr Jan Barber said: “Parents, carers, teachers, support staff, governors, headteachers and anyone with an interest in our children and young people’s education are invited to have their say.
You may also want to watch:
“Although some schools are permitted to set their own term dates, many have asked the council to continue to suggest dates to provide a basis for school level decisions.”
* Views on the proposals can be left on the council’s website at www.n-somerset.gov.uk/termdates
- 1 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
- 2 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 3 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 4 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 5 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 6 Clevedon resident raises more than £9k for MS research
- 7 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 8 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 9 Clevedon return to top of WEPL table with win over Lansdown
- 10 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse