Parents consulted over school term dates for 2018/19 in North Somerset
- Credit: Archant
A draft school term schedule for 2018-19 has been issued by North Somerset Council.
It has divided the year into the normal six terms and is asking for feedback on the proposals.
Schools would return after the summer on September 3 and finish in December just four days before Christmas. A week’s break is also scheduled between October 27 and November 4.
Term three would run from January 3 to February 15 and the fourth from February 25 to April 5. The fifth term is set for April 23 to May 24 and schools would then have their summer term from June 3 to July 23.
Cllr Jan Barber said: “Parents, carers, teachers, support staff, governors, headteachers and anyone with an interest in our children and young people’s education are invited to have their say.
You may also want to watch:
“Although some schools are permitted to set their own term dates, many have asked the council to continue to suggest dates to provide a basis for school level decisions.”
* Views on the proposals can be left on the council’s website at www.n-somerset.gov.uk/termdates
- 1 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 2 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 3 Changes to North Somerset Council’s executive team announced
- 4 How to order free Covid home tests
- 5 Cleeve claim friendly win at Hambrook
- 6 Volunteers collect vast amounts of rubbish from The Portbury Hundred
- 7 Health club thanks NHS workers with free memberships
- 8 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 9 Lord-Lieutenant unveils memorial to commemorate village war dead
- 10 Barclays to close North Somerset branches