Parents consulted over school term dates for 2018/19 in North Somerset
- Credit: Archant
A draft school term schedule for 2018-19 has been issued by North Somerset Council.
It has divided the year into the normal six terms and is asking for feedback on the proposals.
Schools would return after the summer on September 3 and finish in December just four days before Christmas. A week’s break is also scheduled between October 27 and November 4.
Term three would run from January 3 to February 15 and the fourth from February 25 to April 5. The fifth term is set for April 23 to May 24 and schools would then have their summer term from June 3 to July 23.
Cllr Jan Barber said: “Parents, carers, teachers, support staff, governors, headteachers and anyone with an interest in our children and young people’s education are invited to have their say.
“Although some schools are permitted to set their own term dates, many have asked the council to continue to suggest dates to provide a basis for school level decisions.”
* Views on the proposals can be left on the council’s website at www.n-somerset.gov.uk/termdates
- 1 House of Commons gives Liam Fox reason for Portishead Rail delay
- 2 Clevedon B&M redevelopment approved, despite hundreds of objections
- 3 Friends opt for career change with new Backwell distillery
- 4 Santa routes for towns this December are revealed
- 5 Remembrance service for crew who died in air crash
- 6 Council urges North Somerset to follow Omicron rules
- 7 New Mercury and Times editor appointed
- 8 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 9 PICTURES: Mum and daughter launch 'buzzing' Christmas market
- 10 Nailsea & Backwell RFC maintain perfect start with Bristol Imperial win