- Credit: Archant
DEDICATED parents from Wraxall Primary School will be tackling mud slides and crawling under obstacles to provide pupils with a library.
Wraxall School Association is hoping to raise £6,000 over the next year to turn the current computer suite into a library.
A group of parents have signed up to Pandemonium – a 12km run with 25 obstacles along the way including water crossings, slides and mud pits – to raise the money.
The school association is well supported by parents and staff, who managed to raise £22,000 in 2012 to level the playing field and make it more accessible for sports.
Vicky Chapman, chair of the association, said: “The school is fabulous and parents all rally together and support it phenomenally well.
You may also want to watch:
“We all want our children to read so having a library for the children to enjoy would be great.
“They don’t have one at the moment. There are books in every classroom, but it would be great to have a proper library.”
- 1 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 2 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 3 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 4 Neighbourhood plan to go before council next month
- 5 Nailsea United fall to heavy defeat against Mendip Broadwalk
- 6 Age UK looking for North Somerset volunteers
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Portishead Art Trail splash sculpture gets a refurb
- 9 Light the Night celebration to take place in Clevedon
- 10 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year
The room would also act as a base for computer studies and feature sofas for children to relax on.
The school is also asking people to take part in its Phil the Bag fundraising programme to support the appeal.
The scheme recycles old and unwanted clothing and textiles and for every tonne generated the school will be given £500.
People can donate a range of items including clothing, shoes, handbags, belts, hats, curtains, bedding, excluding duvets and pillows, and towels.
Anyone interested in contributing can leave their donations in Wraxall church car park on May 15.
People can also sponsor the daring parents who will be taking part in the Pandemonium challenge in Bath on June 8.
To sponsor them visit www.justgiving.com/parents-in-pandemonium