Youngsters cook up a storm in Portishead
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters honed their culinary skills at a youth club, serving up delicious pancakes on Shrove Tuesday.
Portishead Youth Centre celebrated Pancake Day on March 5 by giving kids the keys to the kitchen to make some sweet treats.
The children mixed their own batter, cooked their pancakes to perfection and decorated them with a wide range of delicious toppings including chocolate spread, marshmallows and the classic lemon and sugar.
Youth development worker Kimberley Jones was pleased with how the youngsters took to the class.
She said: “Cooking is something youth club members choose to do on a regular basis.
“In recent months cooking activities at the club have ranged from a masterclass in pizza-making with Bottelino’s head chef to cooking a full-blown Christmas dinner for members and trustees.”
For more information on the youth centre, log on to www.portisheadyouthcentre.co.uk
- 1 'Historic' Down Syndrome bill set to become law
- 2 How a family-run funeral directors can help to provide peace of mind
- 3 Man completely covers his house with festive lights to 'spread Christmas cheer'
- 4 Man sentenced to at least 24 years for trying to kill his parents
- 5 Three-day Christmas market coming to North Somerset
- 6 Clevedon family braves cold water challenge in memory of grandad
- 7 Christmas lights to be switched on in Clevedon this weekend
- 8 Environmental groups accused for Portishead rail delay
- 9 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 10 Nightclub conversion approved