Youngsters cook up a storm in Portishead
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters honed their culinary skills at a youth club, serving up delicious pancakes on Shrove Tuesday.
Portishead Youth Centre celebrated Pancake Day on March 5 by giving kids the keys to the kitchen to make some sweet treats.
The children mixed their own batter, cooked their pancakes to perfection and decorated them with a wide range of delicious toppings including chocolate spread, marshmallows and the classic lemon and sugar.
Youth development worker Kimberley Jones was pleased with how the youngsters took to the class.
She said: “Cooking is something youth club members choose to do on a regular basis.
You may also want to watch:
“In recent months cooking activities at the club have ranged from a masterclass in pizza-making with Bottelino’s head chef to cooking a full-blown Christmas dinner for members and trustees.”
For more information on the youth centre, log on to www.portisheadyouthcentre.co.uk
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 School offering transport to vaccination appointments
- 3 Huge country house in historic setting, with views and a pool
- 4 RNLI helm retires after nearly two decades of saving lives at sea
- 5 EE switches on super-fast 5G in Portishead
- 6 Police thank Portishead community after call leads to arrests for vehicle crime
- 7 Region's youth offending service praised by inspectors
- 8 Portishead garden protected from development
- 9 Hundreds of North Somerset patients receive coronavirus vaccine
- 10 Portishead GP reminds people to wait for coronavirus vaccine call