Youngsters cook up a storm in Portishead
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters honed their culinary skills at a youth club, serving up delicious pancakes on Shrove Tuesday.
Portishead Youth Centre celebrated Pancake Day on March 5 by giving kids the keys to the kitchen to make some sweet treats.
The children mixed their own batter, cooked their pancakes to perfection and decorated them with a wide range of delicious toppings including chocolate spread, marshmallows and the classic lemon and sugar.
Youth development worker Kimberley Jones was pleased with how the youngsters took to the class.
She said: “Cooking is something youth club members choose to do on a regular basis.
You may also want to watch:
“In recent months cooking activities at the club have ranged from a masterclass in pizza-making with Bottelino’s head chef to cooking a full-blown Christmas dinner for members and trustees.”
For more information on the youth centre, log on to www.portisheadyouthcentre.co.uk
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 3 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 4 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 5 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 6 WIN: Tickets to The Courier at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 7 Live music returns to village this weekend
- 8 Village pub conversion rejected by council
- 9 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 10 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign