Youngsters cook up a storm in Portishead
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters honed their culinary skills at a youth club, serving up delicious pancakes on Shrove Tuesday.
Portishead Youth Centre celebrated Pancake Day on March 5 by giving kids the keys to the kitchen to make some sweet treats.
The children mixed their own batter, cooked their pancakes to perfection and decorated them with a wide range of delicious toppings including chocolate spread, marshmallows and the classic lemon and sugar.
Youth development worker Kimberley Jones was pleased with how the youngsters took to the class.
She said: “Cooking is something youth club members choose to do on a regular basis.
You may also want to watch:
“In recent months cooking activities at the club have ranged from a masterclass in pizza-making with Bottelino’s head chef to cooking a full-blown Christmas dinner for members and trustees.”
For more information on the youth centre, log on to www.portisheadyouthcentre.co.uk
- 1 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 2 North Somerset restaurants reopening outside next week
- 3 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 4 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 5 Grand National: ones to watch in 'race that stops a nation'
- 6 Plan to cut traffic on rural roads
- 7 North Somerset antisocial behaviour orders come into force
- 8 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 9 Modern three-bedroom eco house with lovely gardens
- 10 FA publish updated grassroots football guidance