Outstanding results for Gordano School
- Credit: Archant
STUDENTS at Gordano Sixth Form in Portishead have been celebrating yet another set of outstanding A-level results.
More than three quarters of the grades achieved by students were A*- C grades and for the ninth consecutive year, the pass rate for A-E grades exceeded 99 per cent.
These results were achieved by the largest cohort in the school’s history and the first to enjoy the new sixth form building at the school.
A record 27 students achieved at least one A* grade. A host of exceptional performances was topped by Matt March who achieved four A*s and an extended project A*. Matt is going to study engineering at Cambridge University.
Tom Clough achieved three A*s and will study engineering at Southampton.
You may also want to watch:
With A* and A passes in their chosen subjects, head boy Adam Grey and head girl Eleanor Thornhill are both going on to study medicine at Oxford in October.
Headteacher Gary Lewis said: “This is another wonderful set of results from an outstanding sixth form. Our cohort has expanded once again and it is pleasing to see the number of distinctions on vocational courses as our students excel across a diverse range of study paths.
- 1 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 2 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 3 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 4 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 5 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 6 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 7 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 8 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 9 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 10 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
“As well as university destinations, we have a number of students who have successfully obtained apprenticeships at the highest level across a range of sectors.”