Outstanding results for Gordano School
- Credit: Archant
STUDENTS at Gordano Sixth Form in Portishead have been celebrating yet another set of outstanding A-level results.
More than three quarters of the grades achieved by students were A*- C grades and for the ninth consecutive year, the pass rate for A-E grades exceeded 99 per cent.
These results were achieved by the largest cohort in the school’s history and the first to enjoy the new sixth form building at the school.
A record 27 students achieved at least one A* grade. A host of exceptional performances was topped by Matt March who achieved four A*s and an extended project A*. Matt is going to study engineering at Cambridge University.
Tom Clough achieved three A*s and will study engineering at Southampton.
You may also want to watch:
With A* and A passes in their chosen subjects, head boy Adam Grey and head girl Eleanor Thornhill are both going on to study medicine at Oxford in October.
Headteacher Gary Lewis said: “This is another wonderful set of results from an outstanding sixth form. Our cohort has expanded once again and it is pleasing to see the number of distinctions on vocational courses as our students excel across a diverse range of study paths.
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 School offering transport to vaccination appointments
- 3 Huge country house in historic setting, with views and a pool
- 4 RNLI helm retires after nearly two decades of saving lives at sea
- 5 EE switches on super-fast 5G in Portishead
- 6 Police thank Portishead community after call leads to arrests for vehicle crime
- 7 Portishead garden protected from development
- 8 Region's youth offending service praised by inspectors
- 9 Hundreds of North Somerset patients receive coronavirus vaccine
- 10 Clevedon re-sign former wicketkeeper Will Plummer from Weston ahead of 2021 season
“As well as university destinations, we have a number of students who have successfully obtained apprenticeships at the highest level across a range of sectors.”