Outstanding nursery wins Ofsted praise
- Credit: Archant
Inspectors were glowing in their praise of facilities, staff and children who attend The Nursery in Portishead.
The centre, which is in the High Street, only opened last year and has since excelled.
Ofsted has awarded it an ‘outstanding’ rating in all four of its criteria: leadership, teaching quality, behaviour and children’s progress.
Jackie Hardie said she was delighted by Ofsted’s findings.
The watchdog’s inspector Michelle Tuck said: “The leadership and management are inspirational.
You may also want to watch:
“The highly-qualified and experienced managers provide highly effective direction to the staff.
“They regularly observe the quality of teaching, and provide accurate and purposeful feedback to staff, which helps staff to consistently improve their teaching skills and practice.”
- 1 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 2 North Somerset residents at risk of PCR lab mix up
- 3 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 4 Portishead salon to wear all pink for breast cancer fundraiser
- 5 Estate agents invites children to create Halloween window displays
- 6 Mental health safe space unveiled in Nailsea
- 7 Life-saving equipment installed in town
- 8 Charity days raise more than £40k for local causes
- 9 Road group condemns 'unacceptable traffic misery' in village
- 10 Officer's final written warning after sending inappropriate messages
Ofsted visited the nursery in mid-February and provided staff with one idea to improve the service yet further.
It recommends the nursery provides even more opportunities for children to learn about the outdoors.