Students form giant 50 as headteacher takes to the skies in birthday treat
- Credit: N/A
The headteacher of Northleaze Primary School in Long Ashton was given a birthday surprise when he got to fly over the school and see its students get together to form a giant 50 in its playground.
Steve Davis was given a ‘magical’ experience when he was treated to a trip in a light aircraft with pilot Lovinia, whose children attend Westleaze Preschool.
He took off from Bristol Airport before flying above the school, where its students were ready to wave at him.
Mr Davis said: “I had been asked to keep my diary clear for the morning so I knew something was going on but never expected anything as exciting as this.
“It was a magical experience and one which I will never forget.
You may also want to watch:
“It was amazing to fly over places I know so well, and seeing all the children and staff in a giant 50 made the surprise even more special.
“I am so grateful for everyone involved from our great school community.”
- 1 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 2 North Somerset residents at risk of PCR lab mix up
- 3 Mental health safe space unveiled in Nailsea
- 4 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 5 Estate agents invites children to create Halloween window displays
- 6 Portishead salon to wear all pink for breast cancer fundraiser
- 7 Charity days raise more than £40k for local causes
- 8 Life-saving equipment installed in town
- 9 Road group condemns 'unacceptable traffic misery' in village
- 10 Officer's final written warning after sending inappropriate messages