New principal for school
- Credit: Archant
A NEW principal for Kingshill Church School in Nailsea has been appointed by the Bath and Wells Multi Academy Trust.
Jan Thomson will take on the role in January after serving 11 years as deputy headteacher at St Nicholas Chantry Primary School in Clevedon.
Mrs Thomson has been chosen to take the school in Pound Lane forward after it was converted into an academy in April this year.
She said: “I am sad to be leaving St Nicholas’ Primary School but very excited to join the Bath and Wells MAT and Kingshill Church School.
“I know that we will work and learn extremely well together to ensure every child receives the best education possible.”
You may also want to watch:
After a rigorous recruitment process, the panel was clear she was the ideal candidate with all the qualities of a strong and experienced leader.
Tess Gale, director of education at the Diocese of Bath and Wells said: “I am very pleased to announce this appointment.
- 1 Portishead Town's Trueman cancer diagnosis prompts £50,000 fundraising initiative
- 2 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 3 Council reveals cost for new primary school
- 4 Volunteers launch website for Trendlewood Park
- 5 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 6 RNLI helm retires after nearly two decades of saving lives at sea
- 7 Chef with Michelin star experience shares 'ultimate winters seafood' recipe
- 8 North Somerset Council urges businesses to apply for grant funding
- 9 Police commissioner proposes rise in policing part of tax bill
- 10 Police thank Portishead community after call leads to arrests for vehicle crime
“Mrs Thomson will lead Kingshill Church School towards lasting educational improvement and build on the excellent work of interim principal Mrs Gwynne.
“This is very positive news for everyone involved with Kingshill Church School.”