New pitch planned for sporting kids
SPORTING children in Wraxall could soon be playing matches on a new all-weather pitch.
The village primary school has submitted a planning application to North Somerset Council to create a 40mx20m artificial pitch at the rear of the school.
Apart from PE lessons in the hall, the school also encourages sporting activities and holds regular matches against other schools.
Currently, the netball area at the front and the paddock at the rear of the site is used. However the paddock is on a considerable slope, making it a hindrance in developing sport at the 95-pupil Bristol Road school.
If permission is granted, an all-weather pitch created from artificial turf would be installed with a 2m-wide path leading back to the netball area at the front of the school.
You may also want to watch:
The resultant topsoil would be spread over the slopes and the bottom fence would be planted with hedging to ensure the pitch blends with the adjoining countryside.
- 1 Man charged with possession of offensive weapon in village
- 2 Bristol Balloon Fiesta: Organisers planning 2021 event
- 3 Man with long Covid urges others to take virus seriously
- 4 May 17: Which pubs are reopening in North Somerset?
- 5 May 17: Bristol Airport 'disappointed' with green list
- 6 Lions fund noticeboard for Backwell viewpoint
- 7 Clevedon AC members enjoy Glastonbury 10k outing
- 8 Mixed fortunes for Clevedon LTC teams on league return
- 9 Call for community to support 'vital' children's hospice
- 10 LOCAL BY-ELECTION: Portishead East district and town councillors elected