Gordano School hits right note after donation to music department
- Credit: Archant
Music equipment has been donated to Gordano School.
Portishead students are benefiting from new instruments, keyboards and computer software after investment by the school.
Head of music, Guy Guerrini, said: “Our new equipment has arrived at just the right time, as our GCSE and A-level students will be able to make the most of the new computer software and keyboards to record their exam compositions.
“We are thrilled to have received an injection of funds in order to make this happen, and we’d like to thank both the EMI Sound Foundation and Glastonbury Festival for their generous donations.
“Extra hardware and software are vital in order to provide our students with the best possible help with their coursework and exam pieces.
You may also want to watch:
“The new MIDI keyboards also allow us to run our theory-based music lessons in a classroom setting.
“We hope all students enjoy using the new resources over the coming months.”
- 1 How to order free Covid home tests
- 2 Special school expansion progress
- 3 Jones "proud" of what he achieved with Ashton & Backwell United
- 4 Road to Wimbledon chance for North Somerset youngsters
- 5 Cleeve denied close finish as Clevedon friendly abandoned
- 6 Health shop stocks fruit and vegetables free from plastic packaging
- 7 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 8 Celebrations after non-essential shops and pubs reopen in North Somerset
- 9 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 10 Holloway helps Northern Ireland women make history after qualifying for Euro 2022