Gordano School hits right note after donation to music department
- Credit: Archant
Music equipment has been donated to Gordano School.
Portishead students are benefiting from new instruments, keyboards and computer software after investment by the school.
Head of music, Guy Guerrini, said: “Our new equipment has arrived at just the right time, as our GCSE and A-level students will be able to make the most of the new computer software and keyboards to record their exam compositions.
“We are thrilled to have received an injection of funds in order to make this happen, and we’d like to thank both the EMI Sound Foundation and Glastonbury Festival for their generous donations.
“Extra hardware and software are vital in order to provide our students with the best possible help with their coursework and exam pieces.
You may also want to watch:
“The new MIDI keyboards also allow us to run our theory-based music lessons in a classroom setting.
“We hope all students enjoy using the new resources over the coming months.”
- 1 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 2 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 3 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 4 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 5 PICTURES: Inside Clevedon Pier's Glass Box Cafe
- 6 Garden waste service disrupted due to 'ongoing crew shortages'
- 7 Nailsea pub crowned best in South West
- 8 Legal action starts to remove Portishead traveller camp
- 9 Sections of historic Portishead railway line to be reused for project
- 10 Covid warning issued in North Somerset