Gordano School hits right note after donation to music department
- Credit: Archant
Music equipment has been donated to Gordano School.
Portishead students are benefiting from new instruments, keyboards and computer software after investment by the school.
Head of music, Guy Guerrini, said: “Our new equipment has arrived at just the right time, as our GCSE and A-level students will be able to make the most of the new computer software and keyboards to record their exam compositions.
“We are thrilled to have received an injection of funds in order to make this happen, and we’d like to thank both the EMI Sound Foundation and Glastonbury Festival for their generous donations.
“Extra hardware and software are vital in order to provide our students with the best possible help with their coursework and exam pieces.
You may also want to watch:
“The new MIDI keyboards also allow us to run our theory-based music lessons in a classroom setting.
“We hope all students enjoy using the new resources over the coming months.”
- 1 Plant-based diet helps Clevedon man fight cancer
- 2 Daly on Portishead Town's season so far and ambitions for the future
- 3 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 4 Caroline Goddard wins community hero competition
- 5 Man due in court after cars stolen in burglary
- 6 Businesses donate nearly 500 computers to support pupils in lockdown
- 7 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5
- 8 Clevedon's Hayer enjoying international exposure
- 9 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 10 Local girls earn call-up to England squad