New Lighthouse Nursery opens in Portishead
- Credit: Archant
A new nursery has opening up in Portishead – and its experienced owner is excited at the prospect of going it solo.
The Lighthouse Nursery welcomed its first preschool children on Monday and it is based at the former Coach House Nursery site in Nore Road.
Owner Katrina Mcleer has no affiliation with the old nursery, but felt the facilities were perfect for her own business venture.
Katrina said it has been a long journey to get to where she is today.
She said: “I have been in the industry for more than 25 years now.
You may also want to watch:
“I started as a mother’s help and worked my way up.”
Katrina has recruited lots of highly-qualified staff to join her at The Lighthouse Nursery but confessed to a few butterflies before Monday’s grand opening.
- 1 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 2 North Somerset restaurants reopening outside next week
- 3 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 4 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 5 Grand National: ones to watch in 'race that stops a nation'
- 6 Plan to cut traffic on rural roads
- 7 North Somerset antisocial behaviour orders come into force
- 8 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 9 Modern three-bedroom eco house with lovely gardens
- 10 FA publish updated grassroots football guidance
She said: “It’s my baby as it is my first nursery.
“It’s quite scary, but exciting at the same time.”
The site has been vacant since The Coach House Nursery closed down suddenly in early September after being criticised by Ofsted.
Katrina said she is the registered owner for The Lighthouse Nursery and was not involved with The Coach House Nursery.
However, she said it made business sense to take on the premises, rather than look to convert another Portishead site and seek planning permission.