New Lighthouse Nursery opens in Portishead
- Credit: Archant
A new nursery has opening up in Portishead – and its experienced owner is excited at the prospect of going it solo.
The Lighthouse Nursery welcomed its first preschool children on Monday and it is based at the former Coach House Nursery site in Nore Road.
Owner Katrina Mcleer has no affiliation with the old nursery, but felt the facilities were perfect for her own business venture.
Katrina said it has been a long journey to get to where she is today.
She said: “I have been in the industry for more than 25 years now.
“I started as a mother’s help and worked my way up.”
Katrina has recruited lots of highly-qualified staff to join her at The Lighthouse Nursery but confessed to a few butterflies before Monday’s grand opening.
- 1 Free Platinum Jubilee events in Portishead
- 2 Public urged to review sites allocated for housing in North Somerset
- 3 LETTER: 'Has our council become a dictatorship?'
- 4 'Rundown' school play area given major refurb after campaign fundraises £10,000
- 5 Specialist pre-school in Clevedon rated 'outstanding' by inspectors
- 6 Clevedonian wins competition to name new housing development
- 7 Clevedon SC secure second place in the Cotswold League Final
- 8 Police rescue broken down bride - and get her to the wedding on time
- 9 North Somerset flytipper pays £1,600 after dumping bathtub
- 10 Parental support charity receives lottery funding boost
She said: “It’s my baby as it is my first nursery.
“It’s quite scary, but exciting at the same time.”
The site has been vacant since The Coach House Nursery closed down suddenly in early September after being criticised by Ofsted.
Katrina said she is the registered owner for The Lighthouse Nursery and was not involved with The Coach House Nursery.
However, she said it made business sense to take on the premises, rather than look to convert another Portishead site and seek planning permission.