New Lighthouse Nursery opens in Portishead
- Credit: Archant
A new nursery has opening up in Portishead – and its experienced owner is excited at the prospect of going it solo.
The Lighthouse Nursery welcomed its first preschool children on Monday and it is based at the former Coach House Nursery site in Nore Road.
Owner Katrina Mcleer has no affiliation with the old nursery, but felt the facilities were perfect for her own business venture.
Katrina said it has been a long journey to get to where she is today.
She said: “I have been in the industry for more than 25 years now.
You may also want to watch:
“I started as a mother’s help and worked my way up.”
Katrina has recruited lots of highly-qualified staff to join her at The Lighthouse Nursery but confessed to a few butterflies before Monday’s grand opening.
- 1 RNLI helm retires after nearly two decades of saving lives at sea
- 2 School offering transport to vaccination appointments
- 3 Storyboat 700+ sets sail in Portishead for 2021
- 4 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 5 Clevedon school launches pop up shop to support low income families
- 6 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 7 Clevedon strengthen squad with signing of Gloucestershire duo Higgins and Warner
- 8 Hundreds of North Somerset patients receive coronavirus vaccine
- 9 Congresbury Tennis Club bucks Covid trend
- 10 Portishead GP reminds people to wait for coronavirus vaccine call
She said: “It’s my baby as it is my first nursery.
“It’s quite scary, but exciting at the same time.”
The site has been vacant since The Coach House Nursery closed down suddenly in early September after being criticised by Ofsted.
Katrina said she is the registered owner for The Lighthouse Nursery and was not involved with The Coach House Nursery.
However, she said it made business sense to take on the premises, rather than look to convert another Portishead site and seek planning permission.