Netball teams take home North Somerset titles
- Credit: Archant
Sporty students at Portishead Primary School have scooped two gold awards in recent days.
The girls in year five and six got to take part in a North Somerset netball tournament held at Bristol Grammar School’s sports centre in Failand.
The year five players took on 25 other teams in the competition and excelled.
Beth Howes, from the school, said the netball players had done incredibly well.
She said: “Twenty-five school netball teams arrived for the annual North Somerset High 5 Netball tournament.
You may also want to watch:
“The year five girls played with determination and great team spirit which helped them achieve gold in their category!
“It was a fantastic success for this new team.”
- 1 How to order free Covid home tests
- 2 Special school expansion progress
- 3 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 4 Road to Wimbledon chance for North Somerset youngsters
- 5 Health shop stocks fruit and vegetables free from plastic packaging
- 6 Reopening: Thousands booked as hairdressers reopen
- 7 Jones "proud" of what he achieved with Ashton & Backwell United
- 8 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 9 Cleeve denied close finish as Clevedon friendly abandoned
- 10 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
However, the achievements were not limited just to year five.
The year six girls won all of their games in the tournament and even a light flurry of snow did not put them off their stride.
Ms Howes added: “They played brilliantly throughout and won gold. The year six girls are now through to the nationals at the end of this month.
“We wish them all the best of luck.”