Netball teams take home North Somerset titles
- Credit: Archant
Sporty students at Portishead Primary School have scooped two gold awards in recent days.
The girls in year five and six got to take part in a North Somerset netball tournament held at Bristol Grammar School’s sports centre in Failand.
The year five players took on 25 other teams in the competition and excelled.
Beth Howes, from the school, said the netball players had done incredibly well.
She said: “Twenty-five school netball teams arrived for the annual North Somerset High 5 Netball tournament.
You may also want to watch:
“The year five girls played with determination and great team spirit which helped them achieve gold in their category!
“It was a fantastic success for this new team.”
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 RNLI helm retires after nearly two decades of saving lives at sea
- 3 School offering transport to vaccination appointments
- 4 Storyboat 700+ sets sail in Portishead for 2021
- 5 Clevedon school launches pop up shop to support low income families
- 6 Clevedon strengthen squad with signing of Gloucestershire duo Higgins and Warner
- 7 Hundreds of North Somerset patients receive coronavirus vaccine
- 8 Congresbury Tennis Club bucks Covid trend
- 9 Portishead GP reminds people to wait for coronavirus vaccine call
- 10 Police thank Portishead community after call leads to arrests for vehicle crime
However, the achievements were not limited just to year five.
The year six girls won all of their games in the tournament and even a light flurry of snow did not put them off their stride.
Ms Howes added: “They played brilliantly throughout and won gold. The year six girls are now through to the nationals at the end of this month.
“We wish them all the best of luck.”