Netball teams take home North Somerset titles
- Credit: Archant
Sporty students at Portishead Primary School have scooped two gold awards in recent days.
The girls in year five and six got to take part in a North Somerset netball tournament held at Bristol Grammar School’s sports centre in Failand.
The year five players took on 25 other teams in the competition and excelled.
Beth Howes, from the school, said the netball players had done incredibly well.
She said: “Twenty-five school netball teams arrived for the annual North Somerset High 5 Netball tournament.
You may also want to watch:
“The year five girls played with determination and great team spirit which helped them achieve gold in their category!
“It was a fantastic success for this new team.”
- 1 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 2 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 3 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 4 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 5 PICTURES: Inside Clevedon Pier's Glass Box Cafe
- 6 Garden waste service disrupted due to 'ongoing crew shortages'
- 7 Nailsea pub crowned best in South West
- 8 Legal action starts to remove Portishead traveller camp
- 9 Sections of historic Portishead railway line to be reused for project
- 10 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
However, the achievements were not limited just to year five.
The year six girls won all of their games in the tournament and even a light flurry of snow did not put them off their stride.
Ms Howes added: “They played brilliantly throughout and won gold. The year six girls are now through to the nationals at the end of this month.
“We wish them all the best of luck.”