National Pizza Day celebrated at hotel by school pupils
- Credit: Archant
National Pizza Day seems an invention too good to be true, but the annual event was marked in style by pupils in Claverham and Yatton.
Six children who attend Court de Wyck Primary School and Yatton Junior were invited to make their own pizza at Bardolino Pizzeria, Espresso & Bellini Bar in theclub, based at DoubleTree by Hilton, Cadbury House.
A tasty sounding concoction by Jessica Fuller was so good that it has been temporarily added to the restaurant menu. The year four Court de Wyck pupil made a pizza of sausage, pepperoni, red onion and mushrooms.
While Jessica stuck to some fairly traditional ingredients, other children decided to think outside the box, with chips, broccoli and egg yolk being used.
Jason Eaton, theclub’s general manager, said: “It was great to welcome children from some of our local schools to the restaurant.
You may also want to watch:
“They absolutely loved designing and making their own pizzas and they all came up with some really impressive ideas.
“As a restaurant specialising in pizzas we wanted to celebrate National Pizza Day in a special way. Marco Pierre White is really keen on promoting cooking skills in children and supporting the next generation of young chefs.
- 1 PICTURES: Pub relaunches following major transformation
- 2 Earthfare celebrates launch in Portishead
- 3 Pretty character cottage in Yatton outskirts
- 4 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 5 WIN: Tickets to Oasis concert screening at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 6 Hotel and wedding venue has seen business surge over summer
- 7 Highland calf born for first time in five years at zoo
- 8 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 9 Clevedon to celebrate National Poetry Day
- 10 Huge housing extension planned for North Somerset town
“We’re also very committed to working with our local community groups and schools to teach children about food preparation so we thought this was a perfect idea.”