National Pizza Day celebrated at hotel by school pupils
- Credit: Archant
National Pizza Day seems an invention too good to be true, but the annual event was marked in style by pupils in Claverham and Yatton.
Six children who attend Court de Wyck Primary School and Yatton Junior were invited to make their own pizza at Bardolino Pizzeria, Espresso & Bellini Bar in theclub, based at DoubleTree by Hilton, Cadbury House.
A tasty sounding concoction by Jessica Fuller was so good that it has been temporarily added to the restaurant menu. The year four Court de Wyck pupil made a pizza of sausage, pepperoni, red onion and mushrooms.
While Jessica stuck to some fairly traditional ingredients, other children decided to think outside the box, with chips, broccoli and egg yolk being used.
Jason Eaton, theclub’s general manager, said: “It was great to welcome children from some of our local schools to the restaurant.
You may also want to watch:
“They absolutely loved designing and making their own pizzas and they all came up with some really impressive ideas.
“As a restaurant specialising in pizzas we wanted to celebrate National Pizza Day in a special way. Marco Pierre White is really keen on promoting cooking skills in children and supporting the next generation of young chefs.
- 1 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 2 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5
- 3 Man due in court after cars stolen in burglary
- 4 North Somerset Council urges businesses to apply for grant funding
- 5 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 6 Carpenter remembers Clevedon's Bristol Combination Vase triumph
- 7 'Every time you are active, your mental health improves'
- 8 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 9 Mental health services to help people cope in lockdown
- 10 School offering transport to vaccination appointments
“We’re also very committed to working with our local community groups and schools to teach children about food preparation so we thought this was a perfect idea.”