Students enjoy evening with Princess Royal at Aerospace celebration
- Credit: Archant
Lucky students from Nailsea sixth form were invited to a swanky event at Airbus to celebrate 50 years since Concorde’s maiden flight from Filton.
A-level physics students Matt, Adam and Katherine, along with their science teacher Tom Pearson, were selected to attend the Concorde50 engineering event at Aerospace Bristol.
Aerospace Bristol organised the black tie dinner in the Concorde hangar in the presence of the Princess Royal.
Airbus employees ran careers activities to inspire young engineers and senior figures from the industry talked about their early jobs and what inspired them.
Students enjoyed networking with professionals, politicians and Princess Anne.
You may also want to watch:
Matt said: "It was a once in a lifetime experience to attend such a high profile event. The experience was incredibly insightful and helpful for my future career in engineering."
- 1 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 2 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 3 Leisure centre to reopen next year following repairs
- 4 Shop Local: Popular fruit and veg specialist launches new website
- 5 New multi-million pound sports facility for Backwell School
- 6 Appeal for help to find missing teenager
- 7 Portishead couple raises £5k for charity in support of close friend after cancer diagnosis
- 8 Shop Local: ‘Huge impact’ on independent home décor business after second lockdown hits
- 9 'Outstanding’ town council clerk stands down