Students enjoy evening with Princess Royal at Aerospace celebration
- Credit: Archant
Lucky students from Nailsea sixth form were invited to a swanky event at Airbus to celebrate 50 years since Concorde’s maiden flight from Filton.
A-level physics students Matt, Adam and Katherine, along with their science teacher Tom Pearson, were selected to attend the Concorde50 engineering event at Aerospace Bristol.
Aerospace Bristol organised the black tie dinner in the Concorde hangar in the presence of the Princess Royal.
Airbus employees ran careers activities to inspire young engineers and senior figures from the industry talked about their early jobs and what inspired them.
Students enjoyed networking with professionals, politicians and Princess Anne.
You may also want to watch:
Matt said: "It was a once in a lifetime experience to attend such a high profile event. The experience was incredibly insightful and helpful for my future career in engineering."
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 3 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 4 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 5 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 6 WIN: Tickets to The Courier at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 7 Live music returns to village this weekend
- 8 Village pub conversion rejected by council
- 9 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 10 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign