Students enjoy evening with Princess Royal at Aerospace celebration
- Credit: Archant
Lucky students from Nailsea sixth form were invited to a swanky event at Airbus to celebrate 50 years since Concorde’s maiden flight from Filton.
A-level physics students Matt, Adam and Katherine, along with their science teacher Tom Pearson, were selected to attend the Concorde50 engineering event at Aerospace Bristol.
Aerospace Bristol organised the black tie dinner in the Concorde hangar in the presence of the Princess Royal.
Airbus employees ran careers activities to inspire young engineers and senior figures from the industry talked about their early jobs and what inspired them.
Students enjoyed networking with professionals, politicians and Princess Anne.
Matt said: "It was a once in a lifetime experience to attend such a high profile event. The experience was incredibly insightful and helpful for my future career in engineering."
- 1 Storm Barra expected to bring high winds to South West
- 2 North Somerset schools receive £1,000 memorial donation
- 3 Santa routes for towns this December are revealed
- 4 'Red herrings' need to be ignored for Portishead Railway scheme
- 5 'I walked into a full-blown argument': Estate agent considering valuation charge for DIVORCING COUPLES
- 6 Clevedon School Christmas tree sale raises money for foodbank
- 7 Fatal collision in Clevedon leaves man in his 70s dead
- 8 PICTURES: Eat Nailsea festive food festival
- 9 Support for people with hidden disabilities living in North Somerset
- 10 Nailsea Lions Christmas float route revealed