Students enjoy evening with Princess Royal at Aerospace celebration
- Credit: Archant
Lucky students from Nailsea sixth form were invited to a swanky event at Airbus to celebrate 50 years since Concorde’s maiden flight from Filton.
A-level physics students Matt, Adam and Katherine, along with their science teacher Tom Pearson, were selected to attend the Concorde50 engineering event at Aerospace Bristol.
Aerospace Bristol organised the black tie dinner in the Concorde hangar in the presence of the Princess Royal.
Airbus employees ran careers activities to inspire young engineers and senior figures from the industry talked about their early jobs and what inspired them.
Students enjoyed networking with professionals, politicians and Princess Anne.
You may also want to watch:
Matt said: "It was a once in a lifetime experience to attend such a high profile event. The experience was incredibly insightful and helpful for my future career in engineering."
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 School offering transport to vaccination appointments
- 3 Huge country house in historic setting, with views and a pool
- 4 RNLI helm retires after nearly two decades of saving lives at sea
- 5 EE switches on super-fast 5G in Portishead
- 6 Police thank Portishead community after call leads to arrests for vehicle crime
- 7 Portishead garden protected from development
- 8 Region's youth offending service praised by inspectors
- 9 Hundreds of North Somerset patients receive coronavirus vaccine
- 10 Clevedon re-sign former wicketkeeper Will Plummer from Weston ahead of 2021 season