Students enjoy evening with Princess Royal at Aerospace celebration
- Credit: Archant
Lucky students from Nailsea sixth form were invited to a swanky event at Airbus to celebrate 50 years since Concorde’s maiden flight from Filton.
A-level physics students Matt, Adam and Katherine, along with their science teacher Tom Pearson, were selected to attend the Concorde50 engineering event at Aerospace Bristol.
Aerospace Bristol organised the black tie dinner in the Concorde hangar in the presence of the Princess Royal.
Airbus employees ran careers activities to inspire young engineers and senior figures from the industry talked about their early jobs and what inspired them.
Students enjoyed networking with professionals, politicians and Princess Anne.
You may also want to watch:
Matt said: "It was a once in a lifetime experience to attend such a high profile event. The experience was incredibly insightful and helpful for my future career in engineering."
- 1 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 2 North Somerset restaurants reopening outside next week
- 3 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 4 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 5 Grand National: ones to watch in 'race that stops a nation'
- 6 Plan to cut traffic on rural roads
- 7 North Somerset antisocial behaviour orders come into force
- 8 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 9 Modern three-bedroom eco house with lovely gardens
- 10 FA publish updated grassroots football guidance