School staff running and cycling to raise funds for sports hall
- Credit: Archant
Dedicated staff from a Nailsea school will be cycling and running around their neighbourhoods and gardens to raise funds for a sports hall.
Colleagues from Ravenswood School were due to take on the Bristol 10k on Sunday to raise money to build a new sports hall.
As the event has been cancelled, the fundraisers are planning to run and cycle from their own homes covering a distance of 250km.
A school spokesman said: “We will not give up trying to do the best for our students; our school remains open for some pupils and staff are trying their best either in school or working remotely to look after our pupils.
“As a staff team, we remain committed to raising funds for our big project- a new sports hall.”
You may also want to watch:
The school, which caters for children with special educational needs and disabilities is hoping to raise £2million for a new sports hall.
You can sponsor the team by logging on to www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/ravenswoodsportathon
- 1 How to order free Covid home tests
- 2 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 3 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 4 Nailsea Cricket Club start senior nets for new season
- 5 Celebrations after non-essential shops and pubs reopen in North Somerset
- 6 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 7 Special school expansion progress
- 8 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 9 Housing group contributes £400,000 for North Somerset rugby club revamp