School launches 60k fundraising appeal to mark anniversary
- Credit: Archant
Nailsea School has launched a fundraising campaign to celebrate its 60th anniversary.
The school, in Mizzymead Road, is hoping to raise £60,000 this year though its 60@Sixty appeal to pay for improvements.
Students have been invited to submit requests on what the money could be spent on and suggestions include a weather shelter, improved IT facilities and sporting equipment.
The school wants students, staff, parents and the community to get involved with its fundraising, whether it is by attending one of the numerous events, initiating a fundraising activity or by donating.
Headteacher Dee Elliott said "With the 60@Sixty campaign we want to commemorate the school's significant contribution to the community, the memories made here, the careers built, and the friendships developed while ensuring we continue to have an impact on future generations."
You may also want to watch:
A fundraising quiz night will be held at the rugby club on Friday at 7.30pm.
Tickets, priced £10 per team, are available from Will Hellier at the school.
- 1 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 2 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5
- 3 Man due in court after cars stolen in burglary
- 4 North Somerset Council urges businesses to apply for grant funding
- 5 'Every time you are active, your mental health improves'
- 6 Carpenter remembers Clevedon's Bristol Combination Vase triumph
- 7 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 8 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 9 School offering transport to vaccination appointments
- 10 Mental health services to help people cope in lockdown