School launches 60k fundraising appeal to mark anniversary
- Credit: Archant
Nailsea School has launched a fundraising campaign to celebrate its 60th anniversary.
The school, in Mizzymead Road, is hoping to raise £60,000 this year though its 60@Sixty appeal to pay for improvements.
Students have been invited to submit requests on what the money could be spent on and suggestions include a weather shelter, improved IT facilities and sporting equipment.
The school wants students, staff, parents and the community to get involved with its fundraising, whether it is by attending one of the numerous events, initiating a fundraising activity or by donating.
Headteacher Dee Elliott said "With the 60@Sixty campaign we want to commemorate the school's significant contribution to the community, the memories made here, the careers built, and the friendships developed while ensuring we continue to have an impact on future generations."
You may also want to watch:
A fundraising quiz night will be held at the rugby club on Friday at 7.30pm.
Tickets, priced £10 per team, are available from Will Hellier at the school.
- 1 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 2 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 3 Funding ensures children benefit from healthy food and holiday clubs this summer
- 4 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 5 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 6 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 7 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 8 PICTURES: Inside Clevedon Pier's Glass Box Cafe
- 9 Sections of historic Portishead railway line to be reused for project
- 10 Yatton development welcomes first movers