Young sports stars celebrated at awards ceremony
- Credit: Archant
More than 180 people celebrated the sporting success of Nailsea School’s youngsters.
The school hosted a sports personality awards evening at Congresbury’s DoubleTree by Hilton, Cadbury House, where 87 prizes were handed out to students from years seven to 11.
Special guest Luke Morahan, who plays rugby union for Bristol Bears and Australia, held a question and answer session and handed out gongs in a range of team and individual sports, including hockey, football, athletics and swimming.
PE curriculum leader Daniel Van Grudgings said: “It was great to have Luke as our guest speaker this year.
“The students gained a real insight into professional and international sport, which was interesting and inspiring.
You may also want to watch:
“Congratulations to our winners of the sports personality awards and all the award winners on the night.”
- 1 Plant-based diet helps Clevedon man fight cancer
- 2 How a Nailsea care home weathered the Covid-19 storm
- 3 Businesses donate nearly 500 computers to support pupils in lockdown
- 4 Caroline Goddard wins community hero competition
- 5 Villagers object to 'totally inappropriate' housing proposal
- 6 Daly on Portishead Town's season so far and ambitions for the future
- 7 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 8 More than 100 rough sleepers supported during pandemic in North Somerset
- 9 Man due in court after cars stolen in burglary
- 10 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5