Nailsea students scoop photography awards
- Credit: Archant
Pupils from Nailsea and Backwell impressed judges with their inspiring photographs during a Rotary competition.
Rotary Nailsea and Backwell invited students from Nailsea and Backwell secondary schools to take part in young photographer of the year contest.
The theme of this year's competition was Through My Eyes, which encouraged a wide range of creative and inspired images from both schools.
Judges Roy Ackrill and Bob Keightley, along with Peter Holt from Backwell Camera Club, had the difficult task of picking winners from the impressive entries.
Sidney won the intermediate class, while Laura came top in the senior class.
You may also want to watch:
Both pupils attend Nailsea School and they will go on to the Rotary club's district competition, followed by the national contest if they are successful.
Club president Gary Wilkins gave Laura and Sidney their awards.
- 1 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year
- 2 Responses to Portishead Lake Grounds consultation published
- 3 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 4 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 5 Primary school wins a second award for its focus on pupils’ mental wellbeing
- 6 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 7 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 8 Ashton & Backwell United bow out of Buildbase FA Vase after Bemerton Heath Harlequins defeat
- 9 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 10 Group raises more than £1k for local causes