Nailsea students scoop photography awards
- Credit: Archant
Pupils from Nailsea and Backwell impressed judges with their inspiring photographs during a Rotary competition.
Rotary Nailsea and Backwell invited students from Nailsea and Backwell secondary schools to take part in young photographer of the year contest.
The theme of this year's competition was Through My Eyes, which encouraged a wide range of creative and inspired images from both schools.
Judges Roy Ackrill and Bob Keightley, along with Peter Holt from Backwell Camera Club, had the difficult task of picking winners from the impressive entries.
Sidney won the intermediate class, while Laura came top in the senior class.
You may also want to watch:
Both pupils attend Nailsea School and they will go on to the Rotary club's district competition, followed by the national contest if they are successful.
Club president Gary Wilkins gave Laura and Sidney their awards.
- 1 Chief constable's bid to overturn ruling on PC's racist language dismissed
- 2 THINGS TO DO: Inflatable theme park returns to Gatcombe Farm Shop
- 3 May 17: Hall & Woodhouse Portishead opens indoors next week
- 4 ‘Perfect tribute’ as Clevedon Pier named pier of the year
- 5 Stunning and modern four-bedroom home near open countryside
- 6 Family days out in North Somerset
- 7 North Somerset communities benefit from development levy
- 8 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 9 Man charged with possession of offensive weapon in village
- 10 May 17: Which pubs are reopening in North Somerset?