Pupils enjoy sports day
- Credit: Archant
A water obstacle race and team challenges tested pupils skills at a Nailsea school’s sports day.
Children from St Francis Primary School took part in relays, sprints and team events during their annual sports day.
Family members were able to cheer the youngsters on as the children showcased their sporting prowess.
A school spokesman said: "St Francis School had a great day showcasing all their sporting talents in our annual sports day.
"Children took on leadership skills organising the event and showed brilliant teamwork skills throughout the day.
You may also want to watch:
"The whole school were involved and supported one another throughout all of the races.
"The teachers and parents also took part in a competitive egg and spoon race.
- 1 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5
- 2 Portishead Big Clean returns this weekend
- 3 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 4 Mental health services to help people cope in lockdown
- 5 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 6 RNLI helm retires after nearly two decades of saving lives at sea
- 7 Plans launched to upgrade village's Recreation Club
- 8 Congresbury Tennis Club bucks Covid trend
- 9 Police thank Portishead community after call leads to arrests for vehicle crime
- 10 'Every time you are active, your mental health improves'
"It was a fantastic day for the children, parents and teachers and everyone had fun."