Lions help Backwell schools raise funds for classroom equipment
- Credit: Backwell School
Students from primary schools in Backwell banded together to help raise cash for vital classroom equipment, with a little help from Nailsea Lions.
Pupils from West Leigh Infants, and Backwell Junior School helped members of the Nailsea Lions raise cash for their parent-teacher associations (PTA) by helping Father Christmas collect donations when the Nailsea Lions Christmas float toured Backwell in December.
A cheque for £290, to be divided between the two schools, from Nailsea Lions was presented to the PTA on Thursday.
The money will go towards funding new smart whiteboards in classrooms at both schools.
A Backwell PTA man said: “This was a fantastic festive opportunity which we were very grateful to be involved in.
You may also want to watch:
“We would very much like to thank the Lions for helping us, and the residents of Backwell for their generous donations.
- 1 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 2 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 3 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 4 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 5 How to order free Covid home tests
- 6 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 7 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema
- 8 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 9 Rotary thanks shoppers for foodbank donations in lockdowns
- 10 Restaurants celebrate successful first week after April 12 reopening