Lions help Backwell schools raise funds for classroom equipment
- Credit: Backwell School
Students from primary schools in Backwell banded together to help raise cash for vital classroom equipment, with a little help from Nailsea Lions.
Pupils from West Leigh Infants, and Backwell Junior School helped members of the Nailsea Lions raise cash for their parent-teacher associations (PTA) by helping Father Christmas collect donations when the Nailsea Lions Christmas float toured Backwell in December.
A cheque for £290, to be divided between the two schools, from Nailsea Lions was presented to the PTA on Thursday.
The money will go towards funding new smart whiteboards in classrooms at both schools.
A Backwell PTA man said: “This was a fantastic festive opportunity which we were very grateful to be involved in.
You may also want to watch:
“We would very much like to thank the Lions for helping us, and the residents of Backwell for their generous donations.
- 1 Plant-based diet helps Clevedon man fight cancer
- 2 How a Nailsea care home weathered the Covid-19 storm
- 3 Villagers object to 'totally inappropriate' housing proposal
- 4 Businesses donate nearly 500 computers to support pupils in lockdown
- 5 Nursery birthday parties provide normality to children in lockdown
- 6 Clevedon School thanks NHS with giant light display
- 7 Caroline Goddard wins community hero competition
- 8 More than 100 rough sleepers supported during pandemic in North Somerset
- 9 Chamber of commerce set to adopt name change
- 10 Portishead Town's Trueman cancer diagnosis prompts £50,000 fundraising initiative