Lions help Backwell schools raise funds for classroom equipment
- Credit: Backwell School
Students from primary schools in Backwell banded together to help raise cash for vital classroom equipment, with a little help from Nailsea Lions.
Pupils from West Leigh Infants, and Backwell Junior School helped members of the Nailsea Lions raise cash for their parent-teacher associations (PTA) by helping Father Christmas collect donations when the Nailsea Lions Christmas float toured Backwell in December.
A cheque for £290, to be divided between the two schools, from Nailsea Lions was presented to the PTA on Thursday.
The money will go towards funding new smart whiteboards in classrooms at both schools.
A Backwell PTA man said: “This was a fantastic festive opportunity which we were very grateful to be involved in.
You may also want to watch:
“We would very much like to thank the Lions for helping us, and the residents of Backwell for their generous donations.
- 1 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 2 North Somerset residents at risk of PCR lab mix up
- 3 Mental health safe space unveiled in Nailsea
- 4 Camera club wants new members to join
- 5 PICTURES: Nailsea farmers market birthday party
- 6 Charity days raise more than £40k for local causes
- 7 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 8 Stone Roses songs to be recreated in Weston
- 9 'Incredible' Nailsea & Backwell RFC win first ever Bristol Combination Vase
- 10 Bleadon-cold: Council's gritters return with sustainable fuel