Mum’s List author talks to Gordano School students
- Credit: Archant
A Clevedon author has been inspiring school pupils in Portishead.
Gordano School welcomed St John Greene, better known as Singe, to talk to sixth form students.
Singe wrote Mum’s List which was turned into a film starring Rafe Spall and Emilia Fox last year.
Mum’s List tells the true story about Singe’s wife Kate who was diagnosed with incurable breast cancer and before she died left him a list of activities to enjoy with their children.
Singe spoke to students about the importance of making the most of every opportunity.
You may also want to watch:
Jeanne Fairs, the school’s head of sixth form, said: “‘Singe is very much a local leader; he lives in Clevedon, his wife was a student at Gordano School and he once worked as a lifeguard at Churchill School sports centre.
“The students were very engaged with his advice and he provided a springboard for a very productive afternoon of collaboration.”
- 1 North Somerset restaurants reopening outside next week
- 2 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 3 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 4 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 5 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 6 Modern three-bedroom eco house with lovely gardens
- 7 FA publish updated grassroots football guidance
- 8 Housing group contributes £400,000 for North Somerset rugby club revamp
- 9 Best scenic dog walks in North Somerset and Somerset
- 10 Plan to cut traffic on rural roads