MP Liam Fox visits students at St Katherine’s School
- Credit: sub
North Somerset’s MP inspired pupils in Pill.
Dr Liam Fox, the Secretary of State for International Trade, spoke to year nine students at St Katherine’s School about career paths during a visit this month.
He spoke to pupils about his background and about his grandparents who were coal and his time at the second biggest state school in Europe.
His message was clear: if you believe in yourself and work hard, you can make your dreams a reality.
The MP also led a workshop sharing his top tips to improve public speaking and how to write a speech.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Justin Humphreys said: “It was a great opportunity for students to hear Dr Fox’s story, which left them with confidence in following their dreams and aspirations.
“His public speaking tips were invaluable with students amazed by how their speeches came alive and had greater impact by following his advice.”
- 1 Plant-based diet helps Clevedon man fight cancer
- 2 How a Nailsea care home weathered the Covid-19 storm
- 3 Businesses donate nearly 500 computers to support pupils in lockdown
- 4 Villagers object to 'totally inappropriate' housing proposal
- 5 Caroline Goddard wins community hero competition
- 6 Daly on Portishead Town's season so far and ambitions for the future
- 7 More than 100 rough sleepers supported during pandemic in North Somerset
- 8 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 9 Man due in court after cars stolen in burglary
- 10 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5