More musicians wanted
- Credit: Archant
THE Rock Project in Nailsea is looking for budding drummers and singers to join their group.
The young musicians are currently preparing for their summer concert in July.
Andy Collins, who runs The Rock Project, said: “We now offer singing lessons for seven to 11-year-olds and 12-18-year-olds, for students who want vocal training but also sing in a live band.
“We also have four drum spaces available for 12-18-year-olds”.
The two-hour weekly sessions at Nailsea School give youngsters the chance to learn the guitar, bass guitar, drums and vocals with a one-hour professional lesson, followed by an hour of jamming together as a group.
You may also want to watch:
Recently the senior group has been learning songs from bands such as The Wombats, Nirvana, Blink 182, Blur, as well as Amy Winehouse.
Anyone interested in finding out more can call Andy on 01275 265226, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.therockproject.com
- 1 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 2 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 3 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 4 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 5 How to order free Covid home tests
- 6 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema
- 7 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 8 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 9 Rotary thanks shoppers for foodbank donations in lockdowns
- 10 Restaurants celebrate successful first week after April 12 reopening