Medals for Backwell athletes
Three pupils from Backwell picked up medals in athletics events at a national competition
THREE children from Fairfield School in Backwell picked up medals at a national athletics competition.
Olivia, from year six, won a gold medal for the shot, Imogen, in year four, won a gold medal for the long-jump and Ben, also from year four, won a silver medal for the 600m.
Olivia and Imogen became national champions for their events in their age groups and Imogen also won a bronze medal in the relay race.
The school sent a team of five athletes to the Independent Schools’ Association National Athletics Championship finals in Birmingham and the youngsters were up against children from across the country.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Leatt, head of sport, said: “This is a fantastic achievement for the children and for our school.
“I am absolutely thrilled that we have three champions at the school and I am extremely proud of all the children from Fairfield who competed at this prestigious event. They are all an inspiration for the younger pupils in the future.”
- 1 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year
- 2 Responses to Portishead Lake Grounds consultation published
- 3 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 4 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 5 Primary school wins a second award for its focus on pupils’ mental wellbeing
- 6 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 7 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 8 Ashton & Backwell United bow out of Buildbase FA Vase after Bemerton Heath Harlequins defeat
- 9 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 10 Beautiful Edwardian villa near Clevedon's seafront