Medals for Backwell athletes
Three pupils from Backwell picked up medals in athletics events at a national competition
THREE children from Fairfield School in Backwell picked up medals at a national athletics competition.
Olivia, from year six, won a gold medal for the shot, Imogen, in year four, won a gold medal for the long-jump and Ben, also from year four, won a silver medal for the 600m.
Olivia and Imogen became national champions for their events in their age groups and Imogen also won a bronze medal in the relay race.
The school sent a team of five athletes to the Independent Schools’ Association National Athletics Championship finals in Birmingham and the youngsters were up against children from across the country.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Leatt, head of sport, said: “This is a fantastic achievement for the children and for our school.
“I am absolutely thrilled that we have three champions at the school and I am extremely proud of all the children from Fairfield who competed at this prestigious event. They are all an inspiration for the younger pupils in the future.”
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 4 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 5 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 6 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 7 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 8 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 9 Rotary thanks shoppers for foodbank donations in lockdowns
- 10 Clevedon's FA Vase dream ends at Plymouth Parkway