Medals for Backwell athletes
Three pupils from Backwell picked up medals in athletics events at a national competition
THREE children from Fairfield School in Backwell picked up medals at a national athletics competition.
Olivia, from year six, won a gold medal for the shot, Imogen, in year four, won a gold medal for the long-jump and Ben, also from year four, won a silver medal for the 600m.
Olivia and Imogen became national champions for their events in their age groups and Imogen also won a bronze medal in the relay race.
The school sent a team of five athletes to the Independent Schools’ Association National Athletics Championship finals in Birmingham and the youngsters were up against children from across the country.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Leatt, head of sport, said: “This is a fantastic achievement for the children and for our school.
“I am absolutely thrilled that we have three champions at the school and I am extremely proud of all the children from Fairfield who competed at this prestigious event. They are all an inspiration for the younger pupils in the future.”
- 1 Health leaders urge people to keep following Covid guidelines as rates begin to drop in North Somerset
- 2 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 3 New bike racks installed in Portishead High Street
- 4 Call for action to reduce rising infection rates in secondary schools
- 5 Actress urges people to get behind hospice appeal
- 6 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
- 7 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 8 Christmas lights lift spirits in Portishead
- 9 Clevedon postie brightens community and raises cash for children's charity
- 10 Business owner sentenced for fly-tipping in North Somerset