BMX workshop for children in Portishead next week
- Credit: Archant
A world-record-holder and champion BMX rider will host an academy for children in Portishead next week.
BMX star Matti Hemmings will run a workshop for children aged eight to 11 on Tuesday from 9am-3pm at Gordano Sports Centre, in St Marys Road.
Matti, a UK champion and holder of three Guinness World Records, said he hopes 'to inspire the next generation of BMX riders' - with years of experience as one of the nation's very best flatland biking stars.
He said: "As I live in North Somerset I want to start here and hope that this fun and healthy day for children motivates and excites.
"Flatland BMX will be a new sport in the Olympics from 2024, so what better way to start training those who might be our future Olympians."
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the workshop, priced £25, include access to bikes and helmets and are available by emailing Emily@fusion-extreme.com
- 1 PICTURES: Pub relaunches following major transformation
- 2 Earthfare celebrates launch in Portishead
- 3 Pretty character cottage in Yatton outskirts
- 4 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 5 WIN: Tickets to Oasis concert screening at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 6 Hotel and wedding venue has seen business surge over summer
- 7 Highland calf born for first time in five years at zoo
- 8 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 9 Clevedon to celebrate National Poetry Day
- 10 Masked man caught spying on couple in North Somerset village