BMX workshop for children in Portishead next week
- Credit: Archant
A world-record-holder and champion BMX rider will host an academy for children in Portishead next week.
BMX star Matti Hemmings will run a workshop for children aged eight to 11 on Tuesday from 9am-3pm at Gordano Sports Centre, in St Marys Road.
Matti, a UK champion and holder of three Guinness World Records, said he hopes 'to inspire the next generation of BMX riders' - with years of experience as one of the nation's very best flatland biking stars.
He said: "As I live in North Somerset I want to start here and hope that this fun and healthy day for children motivates and excites.
"Flatland BMX will be a new sport in the Olympics from 2024, so what better way to start training those who might be our future Olympians."
Tickets for the workshop, priced £25, include access to bikes and helmets and are available by emailing Emily@fusion-extreme.com
- 1 Dramatic pictures show garage fire that spread to caravan
- 2 Shop chain will sell products past 'best before' date for as little as 20p
- 3 Covid cases still rising in North Somerset
- 4 Portishead teachers may strike due to long working hours
- 5 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 6 Work on new Cheddar pump track set to begin
- 7 Tributes paid to much-loved former councillor Derrick Lovering
- 8 Glastonbury 2022: Who is confirmed and how do I get tickets?
- 9 Protest to take place against 'dangerous' policing bill
- 10 New free BMX track proposed for Portishead