BMX workshop for children in Portishead next week
- Credit: Archant
A world-record-holder and champion BMX rider will host an academy for children in Portishead next week.
BMX star Matti Hemmings will run a workshop for children aged eight to 11 on Tuesday from 9am-3pm at Gordano Sports Centre, in St Marys Road.
Matti, a UK champion and holder of three Guinness World Records, said he hopes 'to inspire the next generation of BMX riders' - with years of experience as one of the nation's very best flatland biking stars.
He said: "As I live in North Somerset I want to start here and hope that this fun and healthy day for children motivates and excites.
"Flatland BMX will be a new sport in the Olympics from 2024, so what better way to start training those who might be our future Olympians."
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the workshop, priced £25, include access to bikes and helmets and are available by emailing Emily@fusion-extreme.com
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder
- 2 North Somerset restaurants reopening outside next week
- 3 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 4 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 5 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 6 Modern three-bedroom eco house with lovely gardens
- 7 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 8 North Somerset antisocial behaviour orders come into force
- 9 Plan to cut traffic on rural roads
- 10 Housing group contributes £400,000 for North Somerset rugby club revamp