BMX workshop for children in Portishead next week
- Credit: Archant
A world-record-holder and champion BMX rider will host an academy for children in Portishead next week.
BMX star Matti Hemmings will run a workshop for children aged eight to 11 on Tuesday from 9am-3pm at Gordano Sports Centre, in St Marys Road.
Matti, a UK champion and holder of three Guinness World Records, said he hopes 'to inspire the next generation of BMX riders' - with years of experience as one of the nation's very best flatland biking stars.
He said: "As I live in North Somerset I want to start here and hope that this fun and healthy day for children motivates and excites.
"Flatland BMX will be a new sport in the Olympics from 2024, so what better way to start training those who might be our future Olympians."
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the workshop, priced £25, include access to bikes and helmets and are available by emailing Emily@fusion-extreme.com
- 1 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5
- 2 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 3 Man due in court after cars stolen in burglary
- 4 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 5 Carpenter remembers Clevedon's Bristol Combination Vase triumph
- 6 Huge country house in historic setting, with views and a pool
- 7 Council reveals cost for new primary school
- 8 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 9 Volunteers launch website for Trendlewood Park
- 10 Mental health services to help people cope in lockdown